Help with switching battery power to nicad/lipo on Tiger Ia

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
StephenUSMC1973
Recruit

Help with switching battery power to nicad/lipo on Tiger Ia

Post by StephenUSMC1973 »

Ok, so I am new to the RC world. About two months ago, I stumbled upon a random mix of 5 Rc tanks (1/24 and 1/16), mostly vs tank. However, with no controllers, I never got around to finding vs tank controllers or replacing receivers. I finally got a controller for the Tiger 1 vs tank. However, I feel like the AA batteries aren’t making a connection somehow. I want to simply find the power wires and bypass with a nicad battery—but I have NO idea which are the two battery wires. Please, any suggestions would be awesome!!!!
[img][/img]

I included some pics in Imgur

Jarlath
Corporal

Re: Help with switching battery power to nicad/lipo on Tiger

Post by Jarlath »

OK.
I have added some images of a lower hull from a VS Tiger I. Your routing may be different...
The VS uses two sets of AA batteries that are mounted perpendicular to each other. That means there is a connection between the upper and lower battery "trays".
Looks like the blue wire (-ve) to the switch and the red wire (+ve) to the 6 pin JST connector.

Maybe this will help you?
phpBB [video]
Attachments
VS-03.jpg
VS-02.jpg
VS-01.jpg
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good evening,
Personally, I don't think changing the type of battery? Nicd or Lipo (which I would not recommend?) Solves the problem. It is necessary to look if the various contact blades, are not oxidized or relaxed? then I would advise to use a multimeter, which will allow you with certainty, to locate the plus and the minus, and also to check if the batteries are okay.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

AS Jofaur indicated, the easiest way to determine polarities, or where the power is coming from and going to, is to use a multimeter or a continuity tester.
VS tanks are a rarity here on RCTW, by the way, and the video linked to by Jarlath is actually very interesting. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “El-Mod”