Turret not turning or elevation

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Hartley
Recruit

Turret not turning or elevation

Post by Hartley »

I have installed the fusion pro in a Tiger 1. I have the tracks working fine and the cannon fires with recoil. That is far as I can get. The turret does not turn and no elevation. Using the app these work but not from the transmitter. I have the Flysky FS-T6 and I am using the henglong plug into the board. Has anybody had this problem.
I have the transmitter set to helicopter fixed pitch and stick mode 2. Any suggestions?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Turret not turning or elevation

Post by EAO »

I'm sorry I can't offer any help Hartley. I too have (and love) the Elmod Fusion Pro board. I have no experience with Flysky products as I'm using FrSky radio equipment. I'm sure someone will chime in soon to offer help.

Regards and best of luck,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The only Elmod board I have is the one in my Puma. My transmitter is a FlySky i6 which I think is similar. Channels 3 and 4 are throttle and steering, 1 and 2 turret and elevation. Try swapping the channel connections and see what happens.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :)
For info MTT6
Personally on an MT.T 6, it is advisable to use the airplane type, and mode 2 (depending on the choice of sticks) and driving preferences. Personal to use this type of radio on an Elmod eco, here is what I 'have
Horizontal right stick = gas
verical = AV / AR
vertical left stick = cannon firing at the top, machine gun at the bottom, cannon elevation at the middle of the handle,
horizontal stick = turret rotation,
for info I'm hooked up like this.
Brown = gas
Orange = direction
yellow / green = turret rotation and gun elevation,
blue, imperative on channel 5 of the RX,
purple / gray = options driver by switch or potentiometer,
white = sound control from TX, if 8 channels? Otherwise nothing
Hartley
Recruit

Post by Hartley »

Thanks, I'll switch and try airplane.
I have a six channel receiver and have wired it according to the elmod instructions.
Channel 1 Brown
Channel 2 orange
Channel 3 Yellow
Channel 4 Green.
Channel 5 Blue
Channel 6 Violet.

Grey and white not used.

As the tracks are not a problem I'll leave them alone.
What would happen if I swapped the green and yellow wires, would it damage the board?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

You can swap channels as you like. It makes no difference to the board. The reason for swapping channels is to try and narrow down where the problem lies. If you plug something into the socket that you know works, then it will help you will discover what's what. As an example, with my Tamiya Tiger, I plugged everything in as Tamiya indicated and nothing was in the place that I wanted it.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

By way of explanation, if everything works when connected through the USB, it would suggest a problem with the transmitter. If you swap the controls that work with the ones that don't, you will find out. With the track controls swapped with the turret controls, if the turret works and the track doesn't, it indicates a problem with a controlling stick.
Richard
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8)
to be sure of my controls according to the sticks, and what I wanted to be, I put a servo on each channel of the RX, which allowed me to visualize who was doing what, then just plug in the colors according to . As it was said previously, the fact of inverting the wires does not risk damaging the plate, just that some controls will no longer be in the same place. Also check that the travel and the neutral of the servos are correctly set? Etc
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

for info, on MT.T6 and in mode 2, must find this:
vertical.right =.... Ch2
Vertical .left =.... Ch3
Horizon.Right =... Ch1
Horizon left =..... Ch4

For planes you have this:
Ch.1 ... ailerons
Ch.2 .. depth control
Ch.3 ... acceleration
Ch.4 ... rudder .
By defining the assignment of the control lever, you can define with precision using which lever you wish to control outputs 1 to 4, hence the interest of the positioning by servos :wave:

Return to “El-Mod”