Need advice and ideas

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Need advice and ideas

Post by roy.kendall123 »

Hi all, I have just about finished my build of a Churchill bridgelayer. The hull has been shot-blasted and lacquered, gearboxes modified to give me a final drive of 56 rpm which I think is slow enough for the Churchill. I have bought a Elmod Fusion Eco to power the tank. The problem I have is I only need to use the controller for tracks and sounds; I need to drive 2 micro servos to operate the interlocks on the mast that lift and lowers the bridge.The other and most important operation is to power a 380 motor that drives the planetary gearbox; the gearbox runs at 5.2 volts and can pull 2.5 amps.

The whole set up works fine the mast goes up and over with the bridge and then picks it up and parks it on the tank; the interlocks work for holding the mast whilst changing the direction of the piston stroke - all this has been done using a separate power supply. What i need to know is how to tie this all together using the transmitter. Any ideas, thinking out the box or otherwise.
Regards
Roy (Old Tanker)

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Need advice and ideas

Post by silversurfer1947 »

No answer but a question. What transmitter are you going to use? BTW, sounds like a great piece of work. I hope we shall see some photos and video, when you have it all working.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

Hi nothing special just the six channel flysky I use to run all my other tanks. On,ImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Was wondering if this way could work, change board to the pro version. Has 3 servo outputs , you need 2 servos the 3rd servo could control a switch/reverse polarity for your power supply. Have you looked at the hobby robotics shops for ideas? That is some piece of work , your model making skills are impressive. :D
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

I like your thinking but I have just spent £200 quid on the eco,I don't think my wife will stand another 200+! I have got a IBU pro on my Abram, Perhaps that might be more usable!l don't know.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

You should be able to run what you want from the spare channels on your receiver, just run an esc on one channel for the motor& servos on the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

Thanks that sounds like a good idea, I was thinking along that line myself, but I thought that I read in the elmod manual that I had to plug all the channels in to the board regardless of me using them or not,I had better re read the manual.I purchased a couple of months ago from China a New Rain 160 amp forward reverse esc then dismissed the idea!

midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

You won’t need a 160 amp ESC, look for a nice cheap 20amp one on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roy.kendall123
Recruit

Post by roy.kendall123 »

I have just swapped out the 3.7 volt 380 motor for a 7.4 380 motor timed the stroke and they are identical, working on advice I will have a look for a servo opperated forward and reverse switch.and do away with the esc.what do you think.Roy

Return to “El-Mod”