King tiger speed set up on elmod app

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Andreabert
Private

King tiger speed set up on elmod app

Post by Andreabert »

Hi guys
Could you share you tank speed setup ( i mean turret turn, speed, acceleation, brakes) in the elmod app, to have the tank moving as much realist is possible??

For the speed... the real tank speed was 30 kmh so i can simply find a value in the app.
But for all the others parameter... what did u do??
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: King tiger speed set up on elmod app

Post by Jimster »

Due to the differences among the various motors and gearbox ratios you may have to experiment with your speed settings. I have mine set up to be very realistic with slower speeds and lots of momentum but the parameters will be different for your motors and gearboxes. Same for turret speed. Depends on your turret motor. Trial and error is what it takes. This among many other nuances of the Elmod board settings is what makes this so enjoyable to fine tune.
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Arr u able to reach the app via phone or via usb?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Maybe an Android but I use an iPhone so there is no connection there. I put my Tiger up on a block to keep the tracks off the table. Then I hook it up to my laptop and start making subtle changes as needed. But I have to drive it on the floor to more easily check my speeds and braking. I have my momentum set pretty high so the tank rolls along even with the throttle released. Then I can feather the brakes as needed. Very awesome driving experience for me. I set my left stick to be the throttle and right stick for steering.
For me, all the experimenting and adjustments is what makes the ElMod so fun.
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Its like i did yesterday night.
What parameter set the inertia momentum?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I'll have to check when I get home from work. I think it's the engine brake setting though. A low setting stops the tank immediately but a higher value lets it roll along for quite a ways. Its hard for me to remember without having it right in front of me.
There's also the power brake setting for how strong the braking feature is. I'll have to look to see what my values are set at after I get home.

Return to “El-Mod”