Help connecting elmod pro on torro tank...

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Help connecting elmod pro on torro tank...

Post by Jimster »

We’ve all been where you are but it is very difficult to give somebody step by step instructions. As I’ve said before somewhere, the more realism you strive for involves more electronic knowledge. You have the best electronic hardware in my opinion but along with that comes a “learning curve” and I’m terrible at giving step by step instructions. That’s why we’re saying that it’s imperative to understand Open TX procedures and basic navigation on the Radiomaster TX16S home screens. It is worth it to learn this system. YouTube videos are about the best resource. I used “Model 1” on my radio to set up my Tiger. Almost all videos are for planes but assigning switches is the same for tanks as far as procedure goes. Practice at the kitchen table with your tank up on blocks. Hook up your laptop and make sure your channels are listed right on the ElMod app. Adjust your radio settings and see how it goes. Took me quite a while but I eventually figured out some basics. I still have more to learn but I like the experience so far.
Good luck, friend.
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

jimster
u r right, and u too Rad

Jimster
i setted the receiver as your, and im using mode 1
so i have on the right stick the command for the tracks and on the left stick turret and cannon.

when i said that the tank moving strange... i mean that with the old board (torro) i drove the tank like an rc car.
so forwar, turn left, right etc was very speedy.

now the tank seem to be slow. i can go forward and backward quickly, if i move the stick the tank will move after 1 second.
but when i have to turn left/right, and i move the stick left/rght, the tank respond very slowly. the stick respond after 3/4 seconds. if im moving forward and want to turn, i have to stop the forward, turn, and then move again forward.. if i move stick up and im going forward and i decide to turn, the tank turn after 3/4 second i move the stick left/right.

so im asking if it's normal.

another thing im try to discover is the app. i found the set up of the drive. the app let me set the speed for 1, 2 and 3rd gear.
when i drive the tank, i should recognize this gear change, or it's only a sound?

as i mess up a bit this parameters.. there is a restore somewhere??:)))
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Andreabert wrote:
now the tank seem to be slow. i can go forward and backward quickly, if i move the stick the tank will move after 1 second.
but when i have to turn left/right, and i move the stick left/rght, the tank respond very slowly. the stick respond after 3/4 seconds. if im moving forward and want to turn, i have to stop the forward, turn, and then move again forward.. if i move stick up and im going forward and i decide to turn, the tank turn after 3/4 second i move the stick left/right.

so im asking if it's normal.
This happens becasuse as I told you, you have the channel order wrong. When you push throttle, it turns. when you turn it accelerates. The channel order is wrong. I already told you three posts above.

Sigh, my support ends here.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Rad
i modified the channel order in mode 1, Trea as u told me, and the channel wire on the receiver is tha same as showed by Jimster.
my vertical right stick up made the tank forward
back, made the tank backward.
if i push left it go left and so on.

what kind of channel order i have to change????
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Receiver
Attachments
8B28D839-74A4-4528-B4CB-12DABB8C4B44.jpeg
8B28D839-74A4-4528-B4CB-12DABB8C4B44.jpeg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Radio

Really.. im sorry... is not cause i domt want to follow you... im trying... but its hard to understand
Attachments
7BDC1E6B-FA20-416F-AE0E-B8442AFF0FDE.jpeg
7BDC1E6B-FA20-416F-AE0E-B8442AFF0FDE.jpeg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

The problem is that you start not properly ( an observation,not a criticism :D )you start with hig- end equipement that some of use,have taken years to tame,and yet I.m not talking about myself who is still learning a lot,but going from a bike to F1,so you have to listen to the pros ,and there are some here ( not me :| )I just try to help by according to my modest knowledge all alone in my corner,I managed to operate a TK 24 and Elmod eco and I am very proud of it,because I did not think I could do I'but for that I spent entire evenings on forum,to find the videos youtube,that are going well and Tips,So courage as Rad and Jimster say,you have to understand how to use it.10?years ago I didn't dindn't know anything about ,it either,I can manage now !!!
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Andrebert Have turret and elevation on Left , Drive and turn on Right. Right stick up to start. As they say a picture is worth a 1000 words
Radio settings
Radio settings
RX position of plugs
RX position of plugs
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

wow thanks Ronnie

Return to “El-Mod”