HLong Tiger 1

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Rhat33
Recruit

HLong Tiger 1

Post by Rhat33 »

Good Afternoon All,
Recently I have been trying to rejuvenate an old Tiger 1 my dad gave me a long time ago. I have had loads of help from this site, and it's been really helpful. I have now reached a dead end and after yet more advice please. This is just driving me nuts !!
Current setup is as follows
Old Henglong Tiger 1.
I have now a Taigen handset/rc unit and and new Taigen MFU, along with a new 4200 nimh battery (fully charged using a new imax b6ac v2!!)
I have connected everything up, track, smoke unit, sound (including machine gun), and turret rotation, all work via the rc handset (control unit)
But sadly, there is no sign of life from the bb gun unit and the elevation unit.
So to test, remove the ribbon cable from the hull mfu. Using the new 4200 battery and some cables, I connected to the ribbon cable (to the turret) and all works fine, so I believe that the cabling/wiring is working ok (even tested the on/off button in the turret)
Reconnect the ribbon cable to the hull and no sign of movement :-(
My ribbon cable is reverse (if that makes sense)
Now the only thing I have yet to connect is the lighting, which I believe also is connected in-line with the gun/elevation unit. Would that make any difference ?
Thanks again in advance.
Rich
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HLong Tiger 1

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
A2911666-1BA2-4328-90E5-5E4A1084793F-495-00000069CAF739A9.png
Schema principle HL,Taigen,Torro,color of the tablecloth betwen turret and RX hope can help :thumbup:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

If you think its the 8 way cable look at the manual pic here.
Screen Shot.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

When you say 'new' Taigen Transmitter (your 'handset'), and MFU, do you mean the V3 iteration? It would help a lot if you could post pics of the internal wiring layout of your venerable Tiger.
Simply changing the controller and transmitter on an old model is unlikely to be straightforward swap,and certainly not from a wiring point of view. Older tanks, as in Jofaur's diagram had the elevation and airsoft units linked. The latest ones don't. That may be the source of your problems. There's also a three-pin plug on older models, and if you insert it into the block connector (8-Pin ribbon connector block) the wrong way round, the gun won't function.
Going a little back to older basics, have a look at this video from Erik 'Taigentanks, it may help a bit. :wave:
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rhat33
Recruit

Post by Rhat33 »

Hi,

Thanks again for all the advice, please see below pics of my setup, including my Digital Remote Control handset. I haven't connected up the lights
3a
3a
2a
2a
1a
1a
Cheers

Rhat

Return to “El-Mod”