Wich elmod for my torro tiger2????

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Andreabert
Private

Wich elmod for my torro tiger2????

Post by Andreabert »

Hi guys
Im andy from italy
I m a newby of tank, rc and electonics.
I bought a pro version torro metal tiger 2 tank.
I would like to change the board and the speaker with an elmod board...
Im reading a lot about it but i dont know which board i have to buy...
And.... i dont know if i will be able to installing it...

Another question is... if i change the board, i have to change radio control also?
I now using a 4 channel torro..

Thanks for the help
Andy
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Wich elmod for my torro tiger2????

Post by jarndice »

There are some real Elmod experts here unfortunately I am not one of them :lolno: ,
The only Elmod Board I have is in an M16 Half Track and it makes a massive difference :thumbup:
If you change your Torro/Taigen or Heng Long Control Board for an aftermarket Control Board then you do have to change your Transmitter and don't forget you will need a matching receiver to go with it.
4 Channels is not enough to get the best from any 1/16 r/c Tank. :thumbdown:
I would not be happy with less than 8 channels
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
To confirm what is said by " Jarndice :D "the original HL,Torro,Taigen ...radios are called ( dedicated )?radios wich only work with then turntables for Elmod,or other electronics Ckark,Ibu,etc...it is nécéssary to have radio standard for : Avions,Hélicos,etc ( 8 chanels is a minimum :thumbup: )with a little research on this forum,look at site " Rad's " ( blog ) everithing is perfectly explained there :thumbup:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

As am kind :lolno: attached the link if " Rad idustry "
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/201 ... i-l-recht/
Radios,Catégory: Gadgets/Tips
-------------------
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Quick answers:

1. The Torro transmitter will not work with an Elmod board.
2. You will need a 'standard' transmitter and a receiver.
3. You can operate an Elmod board using a standard 4 channel transmitter, no problem.
4. A 4 channel transmitter will provide all of the basic functions: Start tank, Drive tank in all directions, Turret rotataion, Raise and Lower barrel, Fire gun, Fire machine gun.
5. All sounds will function.

You can use a servo recoil, infra red battle system, no problem.

This can all be done with the Eco Board.
The Pro version enables additional servo's, and other add ons.

Both boards are simple to install, the Elmod instructions are very good. If you have any problems there are many Elmod users on the forum who will be able to assist with any problems. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Andreabert. I guess you have seen the review that is in the Elmod website. I am the one who wrote it, lol.

Both, the ECO and the PRO will work with your tank. The PRO has some more light outputs and can use batteries with more voltage. For a Tiger 2 the Eco might be OK but Id get the PRO anyway.

The torro radio will not work with any aftermarket board because it uses propietary technology, that means torro will only work with torro, the same as heng long will only work with heng long.

Even when wibblywobbly said 4 channels is fine, that is incorrect unless you want to get bored of the elmod and not deploy all of its functions. Sure you can even use a two channel radio, but you wont be able to do almost anything. With a 4 channel you are still very, very limited and you wont be able to trigger the user sounds (my fauvorite function), adjust the volume with the radio and many functions more like auxiliary lights and secondary machine gun.

As Jarndice and Jofaur said, 8 ch is the absolute minimum today. And day by day more and more aftermarket boards are using even 16 channels, go and figure.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Thanks for the reply guys.
So.
My purchase list must be:

A new 16 channels radio ( please give me your feedback for the best radio on the market)
The elmod pro board

And its all?

The new board will come ready to install or i have to set it up with my computer ( for sounds and movement?)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Before you decide on a radio, do have a good read. Rad's advice is very good but I would say he is exceptional in the number of channels he uses. If you don't want all the facilities and bells and whistles that he uses, you can manage quite happily on 6 channels.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Andreabert
Private

Post by Andreabert »

Rad, im reading your rewiew and i want this board lol
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Yeah I know I am the exception and not the rule, the radio freak, lol. But:
Silversurfer: You say 6 channels. Still lacks 2 for being able to fully controll the elmod board. Go to the Elmod website and take a look, with the PRO you need 8, unless you dont want to use all the board features. The board is so feature rich that it would benefit with the use of even more channels, so definitelly going under 8 is absolutelly no go.

Also buying a 6ch radio usually means buying an almost toygrade non programmable radio. Again I know I am the rare avis here, but definitelly 8 is the minimum.

Andreabert: Some time ago I wrote this entry on my website which may (or may not) help you, lol: Is the entry Jofaur recommended you to read
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/

Any of the recommended radios in that entry are great and not expensive at all. Many forum colleagues bought some of those radios listed there and are very very happy with them.

Don't forget the radio is the most important part of the entire hobby, and the one most people don't pay enough attention.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “El-Mod”