Elmod Fusion eco

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Elmod Fusion eco

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good morning all,
I want to replace my RX 18 Taigen ? On my Jagdtiger,with an Elmod fusion eco ( 1 ingle servo ) and Asuatam recoil system?what do you think :'( the servo output will be used for the machine gun :|
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Elmod Fusion eco

Post by Jimster »

I am simply going to share some thoughts with you and in no way am I trying to discourage your plans. I did a quick internet search about the Asiatam recoil unit being used with an Elmod board and some rewiring and soldering is probably going to be required to make it work. Now I'll say this: the Elmod board is simply fantastic with so many possibilities to customize your tank. I've had the Asiatam recoil at one time but to really open up your Elmod advantages you need to install a servo recoil unit like Clark sells and then you can actually set the speed of recoil and the return to battery. I also highly recommend getting the Pro edition for the two extra servo ports ( and several other extras like two more channels available and lighting features) because you will probably wish you had them eventually once you begin realizing the board's potential. This is only my very biased opinion and I don't mean to discourage your plan. I'm sure others will chime in (cough cough, Rad_Schuhart, cough cough). Good luck with your upgrade and keep us posted :thumbup:
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Thank Jimster :D
Understand correctly,for that asked the question ? But to do watt ? The pro version,for me no programming :O already struggling to commission TK 24 ,because of the small radio,and Clark ?
Some of the forum,seems to have ad problems ? And I,the only model maker in my corner!!!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Certainly! I wish you the best on your upgrade journey :thumbup:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

The AsiaTam (or Taigen) recoil units are a solid system if you don't want to use servos. I have them with Elmod in my Tiger and Sherman Jumbo and they are very reliable although the elevation range is a bit limited. I haven't wired one up for a while so I can't remember what needs to be done but if I can do it without killing any components you shouldn't have too many issues.

There is an easy mod I would also recommend. There is a raised section on the cog that turns to set off the recoil. This needs to be trimmed back (shortened) a few millimeters otherwise there is a slight delay between the gun firing and the recoil happening. It takes a bit of trial and error to get it right as if you cut too much the barrel wont stay forward but it's not difficult and makes a big difference.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Thanks a lot B.man :thumbup: although not all figured out what to do ? Attached photo,if you were kind enough to tell me :{
8D09309A-F496-4D67-9DFB-31AB36F1D819-2239-000002763F3EF912.jpg
8D09309A-F496-4D67-9DFB-31AB36F1D819-2239-000002763F3EF912.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
Even if not very realistic ? Prefer to keep
Jofaur86

Re: Elmod Fusion ecoç

Post by Jofaur86 »

Sorry :O
Not reed weal ? ( read too fast )Your answer!!!is there any importance for the cut ?? Which side :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The starting point of the recoil unit wheel needs a little trim.
When the fire sequence is triggered, the delay in movement is noticeable.
If you trim a fraction off, it will move more in time with the sound & flash.

Its under the gear you see when the unit is in its normal installed orientation.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Thank you for your advice :thumbup: OK Herman,will try it out :D good day
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Herman is correct but just so it's clear this is what I'm talking about.

Return to “El-Mod”