Elmod, Clark or Beier

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Elmod, Clark or Beier

Post by MITCH »

Hello all!

I hope that I post in the right place ... I would like to submit a question to you: I am thinking about the choice of electronics to put in my lowered AMX 50 120.
I know Elmod, which I installed in my KV1S, it is a slightly old Pro Flex version, but I have Nextgen sounds. It is coupled to a Sabertooth for the motors. I could be tempted by a Fusion Pro, using the integrated ESCs in the board (if they are enough for 540 motors, knowing that as I have not yet tested my gearbox, I have not yet determined which motors will be used in the end, and I no longer wish to use external ESCs). At Elmod, I like the sound, the gear shift simulation and the fact that I already know the operating principle. On the other hand, I am afraid that the current available is a little weak for 540 motors ...

So I'm interested in two other decks, the Clark Tk80, and the Beier SFR-1-D (The Beier board seems to handle sounds at 44kHz, is it really better?). Not knowing them, I turn to you to gather your opinions.
Here are the links of the different possibilities:

https://elmod.eu/produkt/fusion-pro-rev-f/?lang=en

http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx80/index.html

https://www.beier-electronic.de/modellb ... fr-1-d.php

Thank you in advance, :wave:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Elmod, Clark or Beier

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I would narrow the search between the Elmod and the new beier and forget about the clark. (sorry Clark fans)

About the Elmod being weak for the motors, you might be right. Check the motors you have and check the specs, when do they stall. The Elmod board comes with a 10A fuse, but after talking with Thomas, he told me fitting a 20A fuse is also more than fine, so if the stall of your 540 motors is under 20A, the board will be capable of handling them.

The new beier: I have no experience with it but looks awesome. Only drawback that I see, is the outrageous price, but besides that, it seems to be super top notch. Those sounds at 44khz it is indeed better and I do feel quite a lot of difference.

If you try the new Beier, update us! I am always interested in new electronic stuff! I'd love to test one.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:forget about the clark. (sorry Clark fans)
Could you say why? (I have only experience with Open Panzer but it's no longer available). And haow about IBU?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:forget about the clark. (sorry Clark fans)
Could you say why? (I have only experience with Open Panzer but it's no longer available). And haow about IBU?
I wont get a Clark board by several reasons, but mainly the lack of user sounds and sound quality. It has a poor sound memory with no room for anything and I love to be able to do things like this:

phpBB [video]

That video only plays a fraction of the user sounds I have in my Elmod, but what I am doing is I am making the tank commander shout the orders, and then the order is executed by the tank.

That Beier board is able to play even more user sounds, and with more sound quality.

About the IBUs:
I had the IBU2 pro and I liked it, but is behind Elmod and Beier. I had the 3 and disliked it... The IBU2U, that I dont have, but as far as I know is an OK board, still behind of the mentioned above and only lets you play 4 user sounds.

99,9% of people does not care about the user sounds, but if they are important for you, I'd get a board that is able to play them. If you are among the other 99,9% a Clark will probably suit your needs.

If you are skilled enough and considering you have the open panzer, maybe you can try to build the open panzer soundcard, it is awesome, even used as a standalone card.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Thanks for the information, Rad! I had already excluded Ibu, what I liked about Clark is the low speed control, and I seemed to have heard a very nice set of sounds on a jagdtiger ... On paper, Beier seems very well, but I can't find a lot of videos or users feedback ... and the sounds I hear on videos seem to me ... average. I will probably be obliged to create my own set of sounds as I had done for my KV1S, but I thought of recovering a sound engine of king tiger and simply modifying the tone, still it is necessary to have a source of good quality. If the Elmod fuse can be switched to 20A, I think that will be enough. So would stay in race Elmod and Beier ...
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Personally I would suggest stick to what you know. For example I use ibu. In some cases I have to use as close as I can get sounds. But. I can make and install sounds to the memory card if I ever find one that doesn’t has some bloke on a loud speaker on it.
I also know that there are better more varied boards out there. But I use IBU I like ibu and it’s what I’m used to now so can easily be installed and set up now
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I found the sound set of the JT, Maxmekker made it
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29551

Exhibitedbrute, I'm not afraid to change brands if the result is really better ;D
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

MITCH: Finding Beier videos is not as easy as other boards, true... But about the sounds, well, make your own! I make my own on all my vehicles, so if the board comes with poor sounds is never a problem.

Exhibitedbrute: I'd never stick with what I already know/have, because that way you miss other things which can be (in fact are) much better. I have all kinds of boards and sometimes I agree is a bit hard to remember all of them, but glory of the programable transmitters, I have all the boards programmed in a way that the switches and sticks always do the same functions. IBU, Elmod, ASP, Open Panzer, Benedini, Tamiya... all their functions are triggered the same way. At least the main functions, you cannot compare an elmod with a tamiya unit under any circumstances.

If tomorrow a new IBU4 (or any other board) sees the light and I think is worth it, and if I can afford it, of course, Id happily try it! Evolve or die!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Depends what you want really. The sounds for ibu have recently been updated so you can now get Crowell chieften and a few others but I can’t really say if there’s much out there in the way of French tanks
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:MITCH: Finding Beier videos is not as easy as other boards, true... But about the sounds, well, make your own! I make my own on all my vehicles, so if the board comes with poor sounds is never a problem.
!
Rad,
I agree with you, making the sound set is not very complicated, but you have to find a good quality soundtrack with the starting sequences, the idle, the acceleration and the engine shutdown ... that's the most difficult :crazy:

Return to “El-Mod”