Elmod 24 user sounds.

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Elmod 24 user sounds.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Not sure if anybody in the entire world has interest on this, but I programmed the radio to play the 24 user sounds.

phpBB [video]

Now is cooler than ever to give platoon orders to the other tanks. It says in german:
Ahead!
Stop!
Left!
Right!
Go back!
Fire!
There is no other option, attack! attack!
For the motherland!
Hold your fire!
Focus people, look from where the shoots are comming
Better you than us
-Radio chatter.
Horn
Waiting for orders!

And then several music pieces ranging from german marches to classic pieces, or conan the barbarian soundtrack.
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Elmod 24 user sounds.

Post by wibblywobbly »

Impressive bit of work with the sounds! I love my Elmod boards. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Highly entertaining, Rad :D The commander sounds like he could use some throat lozenges, though :lolno:
Perhaps you could add: "Achtung, Sherman!!"... followed by some (literally) canned laughter. :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Highly entertaining, Rad :D The commander sounds like he could use some throat lozenges, though :lolno:
Perhaps you could add: "Achtung, Sherman!!"... followed by some (literally) canned laughter. :haha:
Lol, in fact I have somewhere a sound set I did with my own voice with all kind of trolling stuff. Benny Hill soundtrack, canned laughter, farts, burps and so on.
I did not publish it because a soft skinned moderator might cause it unnapropiate, but I had fun with it while driivng in public.

And yeah, even the motor sounds were my own voice. you can imagine, coughing included. LOL
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Impressive Rad, not just for the 24 sounds - but also remembering the button sequences! :crazy:

Looking forward to the Benny Hill soundtrack with an appropriately sped up video... :D
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jimbo_wa wrote:Impressive Rad, not just for the 24 sounds - but also remembering the button sequences! :crazy:

Looking forward to the Benny Hill soundtrack with an appropriately sped up video... :D
It is easier than it might seem, and you can do it with any programable radio. In my case is:
Press fast one of the 4 buttons, and it plays one sound. (already designed, always the same sound) press it a bit longer, it plays another sound.
So it makes a sound set with 4 buttons, that always plays the same designed 8 different sounds.

Then I flick a switch to one side, and I send a different mix with the radio, which gives me another 8 different sounds.

Lastly move that switch to the opposite direction, and that gives me the last 8 user sounds.

So it is very easy to remember where are the sounds if you use some sort of logic, and that is, in my case, the first sounds for platoon moving instructions, then war orders, and last music and marches.

Hope it is clear.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Clever setup with the radio, Rad. I'd wondered how you were supposed to manage all the user sounds on the Elmod (even before they upped the number to 24) with the wacky stick combinations, but modding the radio with a couple pushbuttons is a great way to do it. Much better for all sorts of function triggers, too. You're going to send me down the rabbit hole here, aren't you?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Raminator wrote:Clever setup with the radio, Rad. I'd wondered how you were supposed to manage all the user sounds on the Elmod (even before they upped the number to 24) with the wacky stick combinations, but modding the radio with a couple pushbuttons is a great way to do it. Much better for all sorts of function triggers, too. You're going to send me down the rabbit hole here, aren't you?
Thanks! Yep, I cant stand with ninja stick combinations, or even worse, trim movements, lol.
In this case is very easy and the way to do is already explained in the Elmod manual. For triggering for example user sound 1, you need to move the elevation stick to the top (channel 3), and have the user switch (chanel 5) to down.
That translated in signal emited is a +100 in channel 3, and a -100 in channel 5.

With a programable radio, you just pick the switch you want, and make it send exactly that signal. When you flick that switch, it sends the required signal, and the functionhas been triggered.

For preventing unvoluntary functions, I limited the sticks maximum signal to a 85% or so. so it is not possible to send thesignal with the sticks.

And know that you know it, repeat the same for the other 23 user sounds, lol.

You can do it with any switch in your radio, but of course my push buttons are super handy.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Rad, are all those 24 sounds you played already installed on the sd card somewhere. I can’t find them on Sound Manager. Some of my tank sound sets include the first four user sounds (Fire! Horn and two more Verble commands) but I want to find the other user sounds if possible. A file that I can drag into the “empty” box for additional user sounds.
Do I need the ElMod board hooked up to the computer while I’m messing with the sd card program?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Here’s where I get when I need to find a user sound file to drag and drop onto the empty box. I want to play that German March and other cool stuff I heard among those 24 sounds on your video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “El-Mod”