Elmod for M16 Halftrack problem

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Elmod for M16 Halftrack problem

Post by Kaczor »

After connection of M16 Elmod board in Torro truck, on board capacitors exploded. What could went wrong? Is board fried or can be repaired?
Rad_Schuhart

Re: Elmod for M16 Halftrack problem

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:After connection of M16 Elmod board in Torro truck, on board capacitors exploded. What could went wrong? Is board fried or can be repaired?
Thats strange... Can you upload photos? When did it explode? I think the capacitors are for the motors, so maybe you have a short circuit in them?
If it is just the capacitor, it might be an easy fix and you could easily replace it...

If not, you can always send it to germany for repairs... Hope it helps.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Those two capacitors cracked. I replace with new ones with same spec (470uF, 16V) and same thing happened. Probably I have to send it back to Germany.
Attachments
m16.jpg
m16.jpg (65.9 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Email El-Mod via their website, Thomas is good about replying quickly to customers who are having difficulties - there usually is a flat ~15 euro repair fee + replacement component cost when things do go bang tho.

You might find that you have trapped the motor wires against the fame or the motor heatsink and caused a short, probably best to strip thw whole lot down and check the wiring - again Thomas might be able to point you in the right direction there.

Return to “El-Mod”