Lipo or nimh.

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
lady.tigger
Recruit

Lipo or nimh.

Post by lady.tigger »

Can i use a 12v lead acid battery, with a dropper of course, instead of Lipo or Mimh, a volt is a volt right.???. :thumbup: :wave:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Lipo or nimh.

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D ,
No worries,actually a volt is a volt,but a battery with acid ??i would prefer the new technologies,gel lead battery,contain a battery with acid,in case of incident :thumbdown: it will fear
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

When I say i am useing lead acid i missled you, only for testing things out i am useing L/Acid, because i have two 12v Lead gel on order (all most £300 ) for running my project and plenty of room and spare volt's instead of spending more money than needed i could tap into the 12v with a dropper, but what i failed to say was the speed controler has two jiggle jumpers one for lipo and one for nimh, so i did not want to light up the controller , it was my intention to use the lipo part,
Last edited by lady.tigger on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

OK,
Then i would use the Nimh position,the lipo position is spècific to this type of battery wich should not expeed a certain threshold of discharge voltage ( 5 volts cut of ) and automatically cut the tension,so no destroy the lipo 8O
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Jofaur86 wrote:OK,
Then i would use the Nimh position,the lipo position is spècific to this type of battery wich should not expeed a certain threshold of discharge voltage ( 5 volts cut of ) and automatically cut the tension,so no destroy the lipo 8O
Thank you, will give it a trial run tomorrow, thank you for your help and reply's. Mike. :thumbup:

Return to “El-Mod”