Fusion battle system or Tamiya battle system?

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Fusion battle system or Tamiya battle system?

Post by STHV »

I have an El-mod fusion pro and a fusion Puma that i am planning on putting into my Panther D and 234/2 once i start work on them

I understand that the Tamiya battle system is the most commonly used however it is rather expensive, would it be better to get the Fusion IR battle system or the Tamiya? and is the Fusion battle system compatible with Tamiya?
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Fusion battle system or Tamiya battle system?

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Elmod do conversion leads have a look .
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Easy to make the leads and base, you just need the plug-in widget at the top of the TBU system (aka the 'apple' or 'mushroom') - sadly not generally available on its own tho.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

I meant can the fusion battle system fight tanks with the tamiya system? and would it be easier and cheaper to use the fusion battle system as opposed to the tamiya one?
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

STHV wrote:I meant can the fusion battle system fight tanks with the tamiya system? and would it be easier and cheaper to use the fusion battle system as opposed to the tamiya one?
It can but you don't get the slope defence, 45 degree decent etc of tamiya
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

tomhugill wrote:
STHV wrote:I meant can the fusion battle system fight tanks with the tamiya system? and would it be easier and cheaper to use the fusion battle system as opposed to the tamiya one?
It can but you don't get the slope defence, 45 degree decent etc of tamiya
so what would you recommend i do?
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

If you are planing on joining a club (or are in one) then get a Tamiya unit - its more money, but its a factory standardised module that will work the same as everyone elses. Its also easier to make sockets and cables for your tanks, and swap the TBU between them - prewired 5 pin JST XH cables are easy to find if you look for Lipo balance charge leads. Currently there is a TBU on Ebay for 66 quid, its out in the far East but I've bought from that seller recently with no issues.

You can make a cover for the El-Mod unit that will mimic the Tamiya unit's shrouds, but you'll need a fair amount of trial and error to get it working the same way. When I built mine I was in a club that met regularly, and so it was easy to test different revisions of the design until we were all happy with it- back in those days El-Mod's electronics only worked with their battle units, so I didn't have the option of using the TBU.

Hope this helps?
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Tiger6 wrote:If you are planing on joining a club (or are in one) then get a Tamiya unit - its more money, but its a factory standardised module that will work the same as everyone elses. Its also easier to make sockets and cables for your tanks, and swap the TBU between them - prewired 5 pin JST XH cables are easy to find if you look for Lipo balance charge leads. Currently there is a TBU on Ebay for 66 quid, its out in the far East but I've bought from that seller recently with no issues.

You can make a cover for the El-Mod unit that will mimic the Tamiya unit's shrouds, but you'll need a fair amount of trial and error to get it working the same way. When I built mine I was in a club that met regularly, and so it was easy to test different revisions of the design until we were all happy with it- back in those days El-Mod's electronics only worked with their battle units, so I didn't have the option of using the TBU.

Hope this helps?
thanks for the info, they only had one left but i have ordered it
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)