Looking for a Panther Ausf D sound pack (HL 210)

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
STHV
Lance Corporal

Looking for a Panther Ausf D sound pack (HL 210)

Post by STHV »

I am looking for sounds of a Panther Ausf D with the Maybach HL 210 engine for an El-mod fusion pro

I should be posting a build thread soon, i am just waiting for some 3D printed parts
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Looking for a Panther Ausf D sound pack (HL 210)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello Mr STHV.
Although I don't have the answer you seek, please forgive my what may seem a dumb question.

Quite recently I did some research on the Tiger 1 engines, 210 and 230's. With my research I found they only made 250 210's and fitted them all in the first 250 Tiger 1's. They stopped production of the underpowered 210's (Well, I thought they did) and never bothered to repair the 210's, but rather swapped them for the more powerful 230's.
Now you have asked about 210 engine sounds for a panther. So, I did a little short research. I found one site stating that they fitted 250 210's (the same type as they fitted in the Tiger 1's) in the early Panthers.
Now I'm at a loss, I thought the Panthers were produced after the Tiger 1's, especially after the first 250 tigers.
Therefore I'm confused, and wonder if they re-tooled to produce more 210's for the panther, or there is confusion over this early engine?

Do you know the ins and outs of this engine to help me understand please?

Regards.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Hello Mr STHV.
Although I don't have the answer you seek, please forgive my what may seem a dumb question.

Quite recently I did some research on the Tiger 1 engines, 210 and 230's. With my research I found they only made 250 210's and fitted them all in the first 250 Tiger 1's. They stopped production of the underpowered 210's (Well, I thought they did) and never bothered to repair the 210's, but rather swapped them for the more powerful 230's.
Now you have asked about 210 engine sounds for a panther. So, I did a little short research. I found one site stating that they fitted 250 210's (the same type as they fitted in the Tiger 1's) in the early Panthers.
Now I'm at a loss, I thought the Panthers were produced after the Tiger 1's, especially after the first 250 tigers.
Therefore I'm confused, and wonder if they re-tooled to produce more 210's for the panther, or there is confusion over this early engine?

Do you know the ins and outs of this engine to help me understand please?

Regards.
Mick.
Only the early and mid production versions of the Ausf D had the 210 it was dropped quite quickly to save aluminium and give the Panther a 50 HP boost along with an improvement to reliability however despite this the Ausf G was fitted with a governor bringing the top speed down from 55kmph to 46kmph

the HL 230 was introduced to the Panther in May 1943

as for production numbers i do not know but i would imagine that there were more than 250 HL 210s
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you. This does make it seem like there must have been more 210's than the 250 I first thought. Don't ya just love the misinformation of the net, makes it hard to know who's right and who isn't.

I've looked up a couple of things unrelated to tanks that I've known the answer to, but wanted to forward the information on, I was amazed at how many wrong hits I found before I got the correct information.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

The 210 is unlikely to sound any different to the 230 - its a similar swept volume, with the same vee angle, firing order and exhaust system. Any engine sound differences resulting from the different crankcase material will be muffled by the fact that the engine is effectively in a sealed box with only the small air intake opening allowing noise to escape.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Tiger6 wrote:The 210 is unlikely to sound any different to the 230 - its a similar swept volume, with the same vee angle, firing order and exhaust system. Any engine sound differences resulting from the different crankcase material will be muffled by the fact that the engine is effectively in a sealed box with only the small air intake opening allowing noise to escape.
I agree!
there is a more different Sound when the mufflersystem is switched to Flammvernichter.

Return to “El-Mod”