ELMOD Fusion Pro

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Merlin707
Corporal

ELMOD Fusion Pro

Post by Merlin707 »

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I last posted on here, suffice to say my RC Tank hobby had to be put on hold.

However I am now back with my hobby and I have taken the leap and purchased the ELMOD Fusion Pro that I’m hoping to fit in my King Tiger.
A few questions as this is my first aftermarket motherboard having only previously used the Taigen 2.4ghz boards.
1. How easy is it to install and download the correct sound set?
2. Does this get rid of the annoying track recoil when firing the main gun? (I really hope so)
3. Can I still utilise the existing Taigen wiring?

Thanks guys.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: ELMOD Fusion Pro

Post by RenoirLV »

Merlin707 wrote:Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I last posted on here, suffice to say my RC Tank hobby had to be put on hold.

However I am now back with my hobby and I have taken the leap and purchased the ELMOD Fusion Pro that I’m hoping to fit in my King Tiger.
A few questions as this is my first aftermarket motherboard having only previously used the Taigen 2.4ghz boards.
1. How easy is it to install and download the correct sound set?
2. Does this get rid of the annoying track recoil when firing the main gun? (I really hope so)
3. Can I still utilise the existing Taigen wiring?

Thanks guys.
Hi.
Is there any particular reason to buy the pro version for a tank? I always thought ECO was good enough. But that's not the point.

1. Easy in fact. I recommend buying their Bluetooth module too. It will make things a lot easier.
2. The track recoil can be disabled. I think it's off by default.
3. Some of it can remain. Such as the turret connector.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The track recoil can be adjusted from 0 to whatever you want. In fact just about anything you could ever want to adjust can be done through the interface, there are more options than you could ever wish for.

It's easy to change the sounds. The library is on the SD card, just run the sound manager and click on the sound set that you want. The NextGen sounds are higher quality, I have used Elmods for years, and currently have them in a KT and a Panther, though I opted for the ECO version. Same sounds, and amp etc. Get a Visaton speaker and make an enclosure, as you will never get the full depth of the sounds without it.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Good advise from Wibbly,
I have both the speaker and the enclosure and I wholeheartedly recommend them..
Both the Visaton speaker and its enclosure can be bought from Forum Member Tankbear AKA Ian @---
www.rctankelectronics.com/store
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Thanks for the replies guys really appreciated.

To answer your question RenoirLV, the only reason I purchased the ELMOD Fusion Pro was because the vendor gave me a very hefty military discount making it cheaper than the Eco so wasn’t going to turn down the offer.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Merlin707 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys really appreciated.

To answer your question RenoirLV, the only reason I purchased the ELMOD Fusion Pro was because the vendor gave me a very hefty military discount making it cheaper than the Eco so wasn’t going to turn down the offer.
Thanks. I see. That makes all the difference.

There are a few options in Pro that make it different from Eco. But most of them are no use for a tiger tank. I think the ability to have volume control from the transmitter is the most useful one. But that you can achieve on Eco by adding their VCU board. You still don't have a Bluetooth module onboard anyway.

I don't have any experience with other aftermarket boards but Elmod seems very good to me. I like it very much. Their latest Tiger 131 sound set is very good too.

Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

RenoirLV wrote:
Merlin707 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys really appreciated.

Thanks. I see. That makes all the difference.

There are a few options in Pro that make it different from Eco. But most of them are no use for a tiger tank. I think the ability to have volume control from the transmitter is the most useful one. But that you can achieve on Eco by adding their VCU board. You still don't have a Bluetooth module onboard anyway.

I don't have any experience with other aftermarket boards but Elmod seems very good to me. I like it very much. Their latest Tiger 131 sound set is very good too.

I wonder if we could wire a cheap 2 euro bluetooth module to the elmod instead of buying the official one. Does anybody have any idea here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HC-05-6-Pin-Wi ... rk:30:pf:0

Would be great to wire one like the link above.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “El-Mod”