ELmod IR Battle Wiring

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
minimivic
Private

Re: ELmod IR Battle Wiring

Post by minimivic »

All sorted now, it turns out that pin 1 is at the bottom not the top like I thought.
There is confusion as online the JST connector the pin 1 is the other end which got me.

Thanks for the help Rob.
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

No problem, glad to be of service.

Did you get your tx fixed? If not, we can tackle that issue next. You have the best tank board on the planet in that tank, we can get it all working, it's just a matter of finding out what goes where.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

The rctankauZ stuff is wired for the asp which I think is the reverse of everyone else, glad you sorted it.
minimivic
Private

Post by minimivic »

Rob, I reset everything and started again and things are going a lot better. Steering is still an issue but most other problems are now sorted.
One step at a time.
Forced into tanks by a 9 year old.
Taigen tiger1 metal edition, 4:1 gearbox, mako2017,tiger ring
Torro King tiger, with ibu2u, fr7 and tarr ibu edition.
Tamiya Tiger 1 ElMod pro,tarr, twin speakers.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I would try just plugging the first four channels in, and getting the tank control done. Copying the Elmod manual set-up isn't always the best approach, the manual states that not all transmitters are the same, so the channel order 1-4 may be different on yours. Mine is different?

If Tom is watching, I think he has a Turnigy and an Elmod, so may be able to tell you exactly how to set it up?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

wibblywobbly wrote:I would try just plugging the first four channels in, and getting the tank control done. Copying the Elmod manual set-up isn't always the best approach, the manual states that not all transmitters are the same, so the channel order 1-4 may be different on yours. Mine is different?

If Tom is watching, I think he has a Turnigy and an Elmod, so may be able to tell you exactly how to set it up?
I am, my answer might not help so much but I plugged it in the order elmod said, then I changed the stick assignments on the 9xr to put the drive functions in the sticks I wanted. I use the remote volume so have a pot assigned to channel 5 or 8 and the 3 position switch assigned to either 5 or 8. 6 and 7 are assigned for the machine gun and main gun.

I'll get a shot of how much Rx is plugged in and some.shots of the channel set page. Hopefully that is of more help than my ramblings. I still need to tweak the el mod drive setting so it's like a normal tank as so far I'm not enjoying the simulation of gears etc

Return to “El-Mod”