ELMOD or IBU

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

ELMOD or IBU

Post by Mendip Wursel »

A basic question I know but having never owned an ELMOD or IBU, which is regarded as the better board.
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: ELMOD or IBU

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

IMHO easy of use, IBU 2 ultimate.

WAY more features, Elmod. But it is more expensive.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi MendipI own and have tested both. The other board to consider is the Clark tk60. The IBU2U is a very nice board and is easy to setup. Very similar IMHO to the Elmod for sound and functions.

The Clark Tk60 is another top option. Everyone has thier own favorite board and many opinions. My best approach is the buy and use the board that most fits your build or application.

I run many Clark tk22 boards in custom builds because they are very nice and maybe all that are required to get all the features I want.

The IBU2U full option is really nice.

Pound for pound the IBU2U is a very good option versus the Elmod.

The Tk60 is another less expensive option versus the Elmod but you need to program via a seperate remote control. Easy for me since I own many Clark products.

All three are excellent products. Really a matter of taste and required options.

Let the opinions roll in
Tanks alot.... :wave:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

My personal preference is ElMod. They are up there in price but are very high quality and the ability to configure pretty much everything to your own requirements is unmatched. Sound quality is very good and the product is well supported by the manufacturer with regular firmware updates and added features.
I had an IBU3 for a while and it wasn't a bad board but lacked the features of ElMod for the same price so it went to eBay. I have never owned a an IBU2 but they do seem like good value if you don't need all the bells and whistles and want to save a few dollars.
Mendip Wursel
Lance Corporal

Post by Mendip Wursel »

Many thanks for the above information ... very useful
Kevin
1/16 Scale - Tiger (Tamiya), King Tiger (TK60 board), another Tiger (TK22 board), Panzer 3 (TK22 board), Pershing M26 (Tamiya), Sherman (Tamiya), M35 Truck with Tank Transporter Trailer

Return to “El-Mod”