Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Kostyanchik
Private

Re: Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Post by Kostyanchik »

walter wrote:I started with a TK-22 in my scratch build Tiger 2. Had servo recoil , elevation and cannon flash and the usual rest connected. Everything worked fine for about 3 month then things started to go wrong to the point that I was looking for a new replacement. Reading the wonderful reports of the Elmod boards I got a Fusion Pro that costed me almost 300 Australian Dollars. Installation was not as simple as the TK-22. But Elmod was very helpful. My main problem was steering the tank. Going forwards and backwards no problem but turning was a different story I kept blowing the fuse. I contacted Elmod the response was my tank was to heavy 15 kg and the board was not designed to handle that. I was very disappointed what a waste of money. What to do I contacted Clark and asked them if the TK-22 was repairable they asked a lot of questions and told me to send the board in for testing. 2 weeks later they contacted me saying there was nothing wrong with the board. The problem could be the receiver or the receiver wires. They send the board back with new receiver wires. I was a bit disappointed that they could not find anything wrong with the board. But reinstalled it anyway. Was I surprised every thing works fine to this day.
Walter
For my Jagdtiger project I bought a board Tank Control v3 ( http://shop.panzersteuerung.de/product_ ... ol-v3.html) from Sascha Albrecht. The board has wide program settings, supports many servo drives + can set servo endpoints, the battle system is compatible with Tamiya, you can connect any external motor controllers, sounds similar to the Elmod. The board is very compact + has powerful motor controllers (up to 30 amperes). Management is very clear and understandable. It's strange why this board is not popular on tank forums? ...
Attachments
Tank Control v3 vs HengLong RX-18
Tank Control v3 vs HengLong RX-18
DSC_1013.JPG
DSC_1014.JPG
using translator
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kostyanchik wrote:
walter wrote:I started with a TK-22 in my scratch build Tiger 2. Had servo recoil , elevation and cannon flash and the usual rest connected. Everything worked fine for about 3 month then things started to go wrong to the point that I was looking for a new replacement. Reading the wonderful reports of the Elmod boards I got a Fusion Pro that costed me almost 300 Australian Dollars. Installation was not as simple as the TK-22. But Elmod was very helpful. My main problem was steering the tank. Going forwards and backwards no problem but turning was a different story I kept blowing the fuse. I contacted Elmod the response was my tank was to heavy 15 kg and the board was not designed to handle that. I was very disappointed what a waste of money. What to do I contacted Clark and asked them if the TK-22 was repairable they asked a lot of questions and told me to send the board in for testing. 2 weeks later they contacted me saying there was nothing wrong with the board. The problem could be the receiver or the receiver wires. They send the board back with new receiver wires. I was a bit disappointed that they could not find anything wrong with the board. But reinstalled it anyway. Was I surprised every thing works fine to this day.
Walter
For my Jagdtiger project I bought a board Tank Control v3 ( http://shop.panzersteuerung.de/product_ ... ol-v3.html) from Sascha Albrecht. The board has wide program settings, supports many servo drives + can set servo endpoints, the battle system is compatible with Tamiya, you can connect any external motor controllers, sounds similar to the Elmod. The board is very compact + has powerful motor controllers (up to 30 amperes). Management is very clear and understandable. It's strange why this board is not popular on tank forums? ...

I guess this board is unpopular just because they are too lazy for translating the web to English.

If they dont have the will to translate the web, I guess they are not able to speak english, or they are too lazy, so If I have questions who is going to answer them? Or even how do I know what am I buying?

Is not my case, because I sm spanish living in Austria, but I guess thats what happens with that board.

Lack of videos and info everywhere does not help neither...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hmmm.. :think: Indeed. I see that it is compatible with: Tamiya's recoil system; HL Flash plus recoil; Asiatam (now Taigen) flash and recoil; Airsoft recoil (? not clear on that) and many more of the traditional options. All in all, it probably has much the same capabilities as the hard to obtain Asp 2. For some reason, this unit has remained below the radar where controller options are concerned.. :problem:
Thanks for drawing our attention to it.. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Hmmm.. :think: Indeed. I see that it is compatible with: Tamiya's recoil system; HL Flash plus recoil; Asiatam (now Taigen) flash and recoil; Airsoft recoil (? not clear on that) and many more of the traditional options. All in all, it probably has much the same capabilities as the hard to obtain Asp 2. For some reason, this unit has remained below the radar where controller options are concerned.. :problem:
Thanks for drawing our attention to it.. :thumbup:
It has hundreds of capabilities less than the ASP2
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
I guess this board is unpopular just because they are too lazy for translating the web to English.

If they dont have the will to translate the web, I guess they are not able to speak english, or they are too lazy, so If I have questions who is going to answer them? Or even how do I know what am I buying?

Is not my case, because I sm spanish living in Austria, but I guess thats what happens with that board.

Hi Rad,
I think you do not know so much about Sascha Albrecht.
Have you ever had contact with him?
The TankControl started as a hobby project - Sascha now does that as a side business.
He has too little time for it and it was never planned to sell the Tankcontrol V3 worldwide.
He spends his time in the further development of the firmware and configuration software.
If there is a problem and you write him an e-mail, he answers within a short time or solve the Problem by new Firmware.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jhamm wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:

Hi Rad,
I think you do not know so much about Sascha Albrecht.
Have you ever had contact with him?
The TankControl started as a hobby project - Sascha now does that as a side business.
He has too little time for it and it was never planned to sell the Tankcontrol V3 worldwide.
He spends his time in the further development of the firmware and configuration software.
If there is a problem and you write him an e-mail, he answers within a short time or solve the Problem by new Firmware.
Hi there,
Well, I never had any contact with him, and I even did not know that he existed, but thats part of the problem...
If I buy an IBU I know I can contact Ivano or Ian.
If I buy a Clark I can contact maxmakker.
If I buy an ASP, Kevin is there
The Elmod and Benedini guys have a web in german and english too and they were easy to contact and fast to answer.

But I did not know that Mr Sasha even existed. I have hardly ever heard about the board too. A guy in facebook spoke once about it (and for being honest he said he liked it way more than a IBU2 pro) and thats all

At the other hand is good to know that this guy is there for helping with the problems, doubts and so on, but translating the web to English wont hurt neither. Also writing in very light grey over white is not the clearest way to write the info... Maybe I am getting old, dont know.

So IMHO those are the main problems of making this board so unpopular. Also I must say, and again IMHO the specs are a bit basic for the price it has...

But you can also can make a couple of videos and show us what your tank can do!
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
At the other hand is good to know that this guy is there for helping with the problems, doubts and so on, but translating the web to English wont hurt neither. Also writing in very light grey over white is not the clearest way to write the info... Maybe I am getting old, dont know.

So IMHO those are the main problems of making this board so unpopular.
No translation in english...
That should be a problem?
I do not complain that everything here is written in English!

To judge a product according to its internet presence or the national language
that's very sad...

Here in Germany the board is very popular - it's on the same level as Elmod.
I personally prefer the TCB...
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jhamm wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:

So IMHO those are the main problems of making this board so unpopular.
No translation in english...
That should be a problem?
I do not complain that everything here is written in English!

To judge a product according to its internet presence or the national language
that's very sad...

Here in Germany the board is very popular - it's on the same level as Elmod.
I personally prefer the TCB...
Hi mate, please dont be angry with me, and dont take it personal. People here speaks English because is a british forum, and its the second lenguaje that almost everybody studies at school, so lets say is a world wide languaje. And look, there are people here from everywhere.

For me it is not a problem that the web page is in German. I am Spanish and I am living in Austria, so as you can imagine I can handle the languaje... But I was aswering Mr Kostyanchik´s question. He literally said: "It's strange why this board is not popular on tank forums? ..." and I gave him my opinion, and is still the same. Is not popular because most of the people worldwide does not speak a word of german and dont have any idea of what is that board about, so yes, the languaje barrier is a problem for a lot of people.

Imagine Clark boards were supported only in chinesse... Nobody would buy them. (there are many chinesse aftermarket tank controllers out there, all of them more unpopular than the Tank Control of yours) I think I could say the same if Ibu stuff were only in italian...

It is just some common sense.

And regarding the popularity VS elmod... Well, I am in heng long panzerforum, at rc panzer.de, and at rc panzerketten... I have never ever read about the tank Kontrol, meanwhile Elmod is everywhere.

And I am not defending Elmod, everybody here knows I am an ASP fan.

EDIT: To make the things clear, I am not judging the product because the languaje or the website. I judging his popularity, so dont be sad.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

No idea where you looked at the HengLong forum...
There is a dedicated board for Tankcontrol!
Kostyanchik
Private

Post by Kostyanchik »

which means "ASP"?
using translator

Return to “El-Mod”