Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Elmod F Pro or Clark TK60

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:Hmmm.. :think: Indeed. I see that it is compatible with: Tamiya's recoil system; HL Flash plus recoil; Asiatam (now Taigen) flash and recoil; Airsoft recoil (? not clear on that) and many more of the traditional options. All in all, it probably has much the same capabilities as the hard to obtain Asp 2. For some reason, this unit has remained below the radar where controller options are concerned.. :problem:
Thanks for drawing our attention to it.. :thumbup:
It has hundreds of capabilities less than the ASP2
:) ..That would be hundreds of capabilities fewer (not less), Rad. Now you have me wondering what this board is actually missing.
Here's the guide to the Asp2:
http://rctanksaustralia.com/guides/index.php?title=Asp2

and here's a quick translation fo the Tank Control 3's attributes. For speed, I used Google Translate ( for 'Pipe' read: 'Barrel' etc..) rather than do it myself. It seems to me, the board can do allthe key things that IBU2, TK60, and ASP 2 do. So, what are the extra 'hundreds' of operations connected with, I wonder? More than that, do they really matter?. :think:
More importantly, every time I've looked at rctanksaustralia.com with a view to buying Asp, it's either 'sold out', or otherwise unobtainable. That appears to be its default status. Capable, it undoubtedly is, but if it can't be bought
it can't be used. :thumbdown:
"........Tank Control V3 Tank Control V3 - Bottom
Tank Control V3

Art.Nr.:SP_004Lieferzeit:ca. 1-3 days approx. 1-3 days (abroad may vary)
189,95 EUR
No tax card acc. Current tax regulations excl. §19 UStG plus shipping

in the cart
On the notepad
DESCRIPTIONETTECHNICAL DATA DELIVERY
TankControlV3 is a powerful module for the control of model vehicles in the scale 1:35 to 1:10. It combines ride, light, tower and sound control on one board.
The newly developed module uses an even more powerful microcontroller, resulting in Simultaneous playback of up to 5 sounds is possible. Also, the amplifier is already integrated on the board.
To make commissioning even easier, all connections are compatible with the RX18. All you need is a 6-channel remote control with the corresponding model receiver.

Connection options:
two drive motors
Tower turning motor (can also be used as a winch drive)
Sideways the cannon via a servo (for example for tank destroyers)
Raise / lower the cannon simultaneously via motor and servo
Asiatam flash module and pipe retraction unit
Tamiya pipe return unit
Heng Long BB Gun or Heng Long pipe retraction unit
Heng Long smoke module
seven switching outputs for light control (stance, flashing, braking, reversing, MG and gun flash light) with already integrated series resistors
Steering servo for operation as a wheeled vehicle or half-chain
two external speed controllers
Speaker and volume control
MicroSD memory card for configuration and sound files
USB port
Via the PC software (available free of charge on the homepage) various configuration settings can be made:
optional operation as a tank, half-chain or wheeled vehicle
Driving dynamics including inertia simulation
Turn on the spot (spin turn) de- / activated
Type of withdrawal or shot device
Asiatam / Tamiya / servo
Heng Long BB Gun
Heng Long RRZ
For all servo function: final and middle position, as well as movement speed
Normal and return position of the pipe retraction (servo)
Waiting time of the cannon until the next firing
Configuration and selection of vehicle sounds
voltage monitoring
Control of the received signals
automatic online update of the firmware
alternative control of unused assemblies (motor drivers, servos and light outputs)..."
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Oh man Im tired of always saying what the ASP has and other boards dont... At least you put the wiki link (which is outdated)

First of all, as you said the ASP 2 is out of stock and its like that for a long time, thats why I can not recommend it anymore. I cannot recomend something that you cannot buy... But an ASP 2.5 and an ASP 3 is coming, so this problem will be gone soon.

What ASP 2 has that tank control/others doent?

Well, it can play about 210 sounds, with no limit in lenght. About 30 of them are sound banks (I have some sound music files 15 minutes long there) For me thats one of the best parts... All the other boards has 4-5 sounds at best, and sometimes very limited in lenght and quality... For me is one of the things that brings more life to the tank.
Also plays CD quality stereo sounds VS a lets say "meh" quality that other boards has. You can plug up to 3 speakers if your tank is big enough. Or to use the board in an scenary to play sounds here and there.
20W Output speaker. As far as I remember the heng long speaker was 0.3W, so go figure how loud can it sound.
(Yes, now is where some people comes and says the ASP does not sound good, when they must say they dont like the stock sounds themselves, not what the board is capable of, so replace them with the ones you like more, or create yours!)

But not everything is the sounds, it also was 3 working machine guns.
Also the IR combat is amazing, you battle against taigen, heng long, tamiya and all aftermarket boards at the same time, you are not sticked with the "tamiya protocol"
You can customize your tank, from something invulnerable (well, 100 lives) to ultra light.
Machinegun IR combat for soft skinned vehicles.
Sentry mode (like an artillery gun, or panzerfausts)
You can select how much virtual ammo your tank has (I mean, if the real tank had for example 80 rounds, to set 80 rounds) you can select explosive or piercing rounds that do double damage.
You can see at your radio which tank shooted you, or read the records later at home with your computer.

Also I powerfull mosfests for being able to drive big motors. I had problems stalling other boards.

And some more functions that I dont remember now.

Also dont forget that was considerable cheaper than all the competitors, with cheap shipping too.

But you got a good point in "do they matter" well, it seems for some people it does not matter at al. For whom dont? For those who are happy enough with the heng long electronics, or with the tamiya electronics, or simple electronics like that.

But man, I really love driving my tank when playing wagner, or doing convoys with my sons and giving the instructions with my tank commander shouting with my recorded voice"turn left", "turn right!" "shoot!" or wathever I want, and that is just something so far I can not do with other boards. (well, yes, but in a very limited way, 4-5 sounds as mentioned above... I need WAY more.

It seems I love to have as many functions as possible, and the most realistic driving, like the virtua gears im programming. viewtopic.php?f=81&t=24899
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Oh man Im tired about hearing how good the ASP board is.... :wtf: ASPs claim to fame 210 sounds ... is that the best its got... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If its so much better then every other board on the market then where are all the guys that use it.... ??? Mate you your better off just saying that you personally love it rather then saying its the be all and end all board on the market... cause last time we spoke about it, it did less then Elmod did ... still waiting on that vid to prove me wrong by the way... :D You never know Rad you convert a few us... :thumbup:

Ken
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Reaper332 wrote:Oh man Im tired about hearing how good the ASP board is.... :wtf: ASPs claim to fame 210 sounds ... is that the best its got... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If its so much better then every other board on the market then where are all the guys that use it.... ??? Mate you your better off just saying that you personally love it rather then saying its the be all and end all board on the market... cause last time we spoke about it, it did less then Elmod did ... still waiting on that vid to prove me wrong by the way... :D You never know Rad you convert a few us... :thumbup:

Ken
If there are only a bunch of ASP2 users is because there was a small first batch, and after that, the chips that controls the motors were discountinued world wide. So Kevin waited and waited and waited until the chips were back in stock, but unfortunatelly that thing never happened...

And as always say, the only ones that are critic with the ASP are those that have never ever not even seen one, like you do. Please, to be able to critic it, just try one, then you will be able to come back to us and tell if that is right or not. About the features, I wrote quite a lot in my previous post and almost everywhere. I guess either you did not read it or you dont care.

The biggest problem that I have with ELMOD is the primitive and prehistoric controls and yes, the lack of functions. Using the sticks for triggering the extra funcions for me is just extreme annoying. Keeping one stich 5 seconds in one position for triggering a simple sound, for me, is so primitive that looks like a board that comes from the 70s. Really, I have 41 positions in the switches of my radio, and each of them does one thing in my ASP and I still might need some more, meanwhile the Elmod has so small amount of features that with the sticks and one three pos switch you can control eveyrthing. Go and compare. Yes, I had an Elmod myself sometime ago, and I sold it after seen the light with the ASP, I already told you.

Due to the ASP 2 was out of stock, I had to look for other options and some days ago I wrote Mr Elmod asking if it could be possible to update the way of controlling the tank (like open panzer does, ASP2 does, or the new clark sbus does) but he refused to do it, no idea why. Here is a small thread of people complaining against that. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... u-asp.html Yes, not a lot of people writing there, but It seems I am not alone.

Also I requested Mr Elmod to put some more sounds and he rejected my petition too. I guess mainly because there are no more stick combinations. You see? Lack of functions and what is worse: Lack of possibility to trigger more functions.

But it seems that God listens to my prayers, an ASP 2.5 and an ASP 3 is comming very soon! So no need to waste money in the overpriced Elmod for me. And it is not like I personaly like the ASP, it is just better than the rest, plain simple.

Anyway, there is a board for each user. There are people that likes the Heng Long RX18 and wont even think of replacing them. Some of them like the tamiya ones (The other day one guy sold the tamiya sherman electronics for 400+ bucks in a forum, lol) controlling it with the tamiya attack radio (sigh...) But even when those boards are very limited you will find people that defends them to death. Im a user that wants to be able to do everything I want with the tank, and I can do it with the ASP2, and I cant with the Elmod. But if he changes the way of controlling the board and ads quite a lot more sounds, I would be happy to buy one again.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “El-Mod”