Adding User sounds

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Adding User sounds

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have asked this question in my Puma thread, but am repeating it here in the hope it might reach a wider audience. It's probably a very basic question, but how do you add your own user sounds? I have tried the Elmod app with the board lined using the USB cable, but that is basically about adjusting level and servos. Do I have to remove the SD card? A "How to use an Elmod Board for Dummies" guide would be very useful so far as I am concerned.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Re: Adding User sounds

Post by Captain Hilts »

Hello silversurfer. You have to take the sd card out the board.put in the pc. Open sound manager. Then go to user sounds.look up the file you want to add. It must be .wave format. Download audacity on your pc and you can sample sounds from youtube or where ever and you simply drag and drop the file. Its easy really .
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thanks. Another question - is there a maximum size or sound length? What I have in mind is a couple of minutes long.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Theres 8 user sounds, and the sd card has a memory of 4gb,the sound files on the card must occupy 1gb at least. I will check exactly next time i put it in the pc. Anyway say you have 3 or 2gb left to use as user sounds, thats enough space for plenty of music, voices or whatever. I just added 1 verse from the red army in 1 user sound slot and it lasts for 2 .30 mins and used about 150 mb .I suppose you could use all your memory on 1 user slot with a album of songs.or split between all user slots .
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thanks a lot. I think that tells me what I want to know.
Richard
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Your welcome. Give me a shout if you get stuck.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Next problem. I have had a hunt on line, without much success. Does anyone have any generic German sounds suitable for loading onto my Elmod?
Richard
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Youtube is the place to fine sounds. Download onlinevideoconverter and paste the youtube Link to it and convert to .wav. them upload to the audacity program and cut and mix what you want. I have some german sounds already made that you can add straight onto the elmod .if you pm me your email i can send you some.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

i 've tons of sounds i use on my Beier soundcards. What do you want exactly? or send me a PM with your email and i will reply with voices (from a game), and other sounds (mg, guns, explosions, stukas, straffing, etc...) In my Beier i've several slots used with large soundfiles (mix of voices, gunfire, shelling, etc...)

today my first elmod has arrived, so i will joint you 'annoying' the experts and bombing them with questions... :{ ;D

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Captain Hilts wrote:Hello silversurfer. You have to take the sd card out the board.put in the pc. Open sound manager. Then go to user sounds.look up the file you want to add. It must be .wave format. Download audacity on your pc and you can sample sounds from youtube or where ever and you simply drag and drop the file. Its easy really .
Hello there! I'm looking for a few German user sounds for my Elmod fusion ECO. Do you have any available? Thank you Image

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “El-Mod”