Elmod Fusion Puma

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Elmod Fusion Puma

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Elmod have produced a dedicated board for the 234/2 Puma. There is a multi page instruction manual, which seems fairly straight forward, apart from what seem to be 2 problems.

The first relates to the gun flash. There is a port on the boards for a gun flash. The port has 3 terminals and supports both the Taigen and Heng Long high intensity flash units, but not the Tamiya. My problem is that I shall be using a high intensity LED, which only uses two terminals.

The second relates to the fitting of a battle system. The port on the board has 5 terminals. The text states that their own battle system fits directly, but the Tamiya requires an adaptor. However it clearly states that both the emitter and the mushroom are connected to these 5 terminal. On my Tamiya units, the mushroom (or equivalent) uses 5 terminals, with the emitter connected to a separate 2 terminal port. How do I connect all these to just 5 terminals?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Elmod Fusion Puma

Post by tomhugill »

Hey Richard, el mod adapter should take care of the emitter!
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Drop Thomas at ElMod an email about the flash query. In my experience he is a very helpful gent and responds quickly to emails.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The Elmod battle system only uses 5 pins. The emitter shares two of them with the 2 x led'pins and the 3x sensor pins. I have a wiring diagram on here somewhere, or I can PM it to you. It's just a straightforward 5 pin set up, but you add the +/- to two existing pins instead of needing an extra socket. This makes it very easy to build your battle system, the Tamiya adaptor is only needed if you were going to install it in a Tamiya tank. The only thing that you need is the Elmod 5 pin plug...I may have one lurking somewhere.

The muzzle flash led can usually be hooked up to another socket, its what I do on my tanks as I never use an HL flash, I'll take a look at the schematic and see what goes where.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

There is some info here, though its not a literary masterpiece, if you need further explanation just shout.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17744
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thanks Rob. I thought there must be a fairly simple explanation. The Elmod board came with some leads, but no 5 pin, just 6 two pin ones. However, I have some 5 pin leads that John got me from Clark's. They seem to be the right fit. A wiring diagram would be useful plus an indication of where I can connect the muzzle flash.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Your post with the link appeared while I was typing my reply. I think it makes sense. All I need now is where to connect the muzzle flash. In the meantime, I shall have to have a think about where to put the actual emitter.
Richard
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just looked at the manual,

https://www.elmod.eu/pdf/Fusion_Puma_english.pdf

There is no dedicated led muzzle flash, but if you aren't using an HL one, you should be able to use two pins off socket 6.

On the boards I have I am using pins 2 & 3, so I am assuming that your pins are the same. Just hook up an led and if it lights up when you fire the gun, bingo!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “El-Mod”