Any advice would be great

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Jhaelen
Recruit

Any advice would be great

Post by Jhaelen »

Hi there

I am a long time reader but first time poster on these boards.

About 18 months ago i got into this hobby/addiction with my first 1/16 scale tank (i have only ever modelled small scale WW2 games models before this).

Like many i bought a Tiger I as my first tank and have been stripping it down and replacing the plastic parts with better quality replacements as i go.

I just bought my first replacement board, a transmitter and receiver as i wanted to add a little more realism.

The ElMod Fusion Eco was in my budget and from what i have been reading here its a great board and easy to use.

I've set everything up and almost all of the functions are working correctly.

Unfortunately channel 5 does not seem to register any changes.....I have tried multiple TX and RX's and on the TX i can see that its channel 5 is changing with the state of a 3-way switch or 2-way switch (whichever i assign to it).

When using the Elmod configurator however i never see any change in the value for channel 5 (all other channels show changes when I move the sticks or switches).

Any ideas on what is wrong or how to solve this would be very much appreciated.

regards

Jhaelen
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Any advice would be great

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Standard tank operations just use the 4 channel on the stick. What have you fitted on the tank connected to channel 5?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I'm assuming that you are at this point in the manual:
elmod.png
The board will auto detect the channels, however, you will probably find that the tx needs to make the Channel 5 and above functions active. It will give you the option to assign a switch or knob to the channel.

On my Flysky, this entails going into the menu and 'Auxiliary Channels'. By default it is set to none. Next to the knob or switch that you want to use is a label eg SWA, SWB, SWC. SWD, VRA,VRB. You select which one you want assigned to Channel 5, and save the settings (probably just exit the menu).

It is an easy way to assign a channel to operate a servo controlled barrel elevation via a rotary knob, thus keeping the stick clear for only firing the gun.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

Wow, thank you both for the quick replies.

I shall try and answer your questions.

I am using a Flysky i6 and the TX which came supplied with it.

I have indeed been sat at the screen shown in your post Wibbly.

I have been through the configuration on the controller and tried setting the channel 5 function to use the SWC switch which is the 3 way switch and I've also tried it with SWA, B and D (all 2 way switches) and no matter what i set it too, although on the controller itself i can see the values for it changing in the LCD window, the ElMod configurator does not show any value changes when i move the switch for channel 5.

If i move the switch for channel 6 or the sticks then the values change in the configurator.

I hope i have explained myself correctly.

please ask away if not.

thanks again

Jhaelen
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hmmmm....interesting.

If the tx was sending the signal the configurator would detect it. Have you checked that the plug on the receiver is in the right way around?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

I'll check once I get home tonight Wibbly, but i am pretty sure that is was.

I think all wires were in the left hand slot as per the diagram.
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

Sorry if my responses are slower as I am only sneaking peeks at the forums once in a while...here at work.
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

Hi Wibbly

I've checked the wiring from RX to the Eco board and all are correctly plugged in with the channel wires all on the left side of the 3 pins and the red/black wires in the middle and right pins.

regards

Jhae
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ok, now try plugging the receiver wire currently in Ch6 into Ch5 and see if the configurator detects it. If it does then the problem could be the receiver plug. I have had a couple of occurences over the years where one or more of the wires have become detached under the heatshrink, thus breaking the signal path. It's worth checking. if there is a break it's just a quick resolder job.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

try doing a factory reset on the transmitter. I recently had one which had issues on a couple of channels not working but transmitter display said was outputting fine.

Tried 3 receivers all same, couldn't figure it out so I thought nothing to lose so tried it, rebound the receiver and all worked fine.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com

Return to “El-Mod”