Any advice would be great

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Jhaelen
Recruit

Re: Any advice would be great

Post by Jhaelen »

Thank you Wibbly and Tankbear ill give both of your suggestions a try once i get back from work tomorrow.

I have to admit though i havent used a soldering iron since i was at school 30 years ago.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just remember to hold the end that isn't hot, ok! :haha:

If the wire is loose, you will need:

1 short length of narrow heatshrink.
Flux
Solder

Just dip the end of the wire in the flux, melt some solder onto the wire, dip it in the flux again and then solder it back onto the plug.
Don't forget to slide the heatshrink on to the wire and push it back up out of the way. Then slide it down over the solder joint. If it is too close to where you are soldering the heat will make it shrink and you won't be able to slide it back down.

You could get away with not using heatshrink on the plug but a neat job always looks better. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

Hi Wibbly and Tankbear

Over the weekend, I tried a few things with the transmitter, receiver and Eco boards.

I am pretty sure now that it is not either the TX or RX as I have tried two different TX's and 3 different RX's ( and in the process learned all about binding them...you can teach an old dog new tricks, who knew)

I have also reset the Eco board to factory defaults as suggested and that had no effect.

I have attached a small picture of what I am seeing in the configurator.

As you can see I am seeing channels 1-4 and 6 all showing that they are function and have a signal, but channel 5 has no signal and does not change no matter which switch I assign to it.

I have also tried attaching one of the wires from the RX which I know is working (so for instance the channel 6 wire) and putting it in the channel 5 slot on the receiver and it still did not work.

I am left wondering if either the connection for channel 5 on the Eco board is not working or the cable may not be working correctly ( where can you get new cables from for this? I am a real newbie when it comes to the electronics side of things...sorry guys), or possibly their is a problem with channel 5 on my board.

You guys have been really helpful so far, thank you.

Jhae
Attachments
rctank_pic.png
rctank_pic.png (9.9 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Sounds like you've verified everything else as working, so I think it's the eco board or lead not detecting the input on channel 5. I'm not certain if you can buy the receiver cables for the eco board separately of if you could borrow one from another eco board user to confirm if lead or board.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If you have swapped a cable over that would tend to rule out the tx, rx or cables. If I was in your situation, I would copy what you have typed in your posts and pop an email off to Thomas at Elmod. They are always very helpful, their English is perfect, and will get this sorted for you. If they suspect that the board is at fault they will ask you to send it back so that they can check it. Any electronic component can fail, whether it be a fridge, tv or a toaster, it's the nature of electronics.

They may suggest sending you a replacement rx plug and leads to try, so if that doesn't work it will narrow it down to the board.

One last thing I would suggest is that if you are trying to play sounds on Ch5, have you checked that the sound file that you are trying to play is in the correct format, if it isn't it won't play any sound at all. You could try swapping the sound files around just to rule that one out.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jhaelen
Recruit

Post by Jhaelen »

Good morning gentlemen

I done exactly as you have suggested and contacted Thomas at Elmod. Yet another very nice chap involved in this hobby.

I'll let you know how it goes.

thanks again

Jhae

Return to “El-Mod”