Haya, heng long 6.1 Servo airsoft firmware update

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Haya, heng long 6.1 Servo airsoft firmware update

Post by Mr tank a lot »

https://youtu.be/_rZbhcsu3zI

Dear All

Thomas at Elmod has solved the bb mechanics with a firmware update.
He spent the last two weeks sorting this out, and putting up with my electronic Gimpery, which I think goes way above normal customer support!

I think the video is pretty explanatory.

Thanks and have a great Saturday!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Haya, heng long 6.1 Servo airsoft firmware update

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

All very illuminating MR T.A.L. :D :thumbup:
Perhaps I've missed a mention of this elsewhere, but I'm assuming that you weren't happy with the TK 6.1 controller the tank was supplied with, and so you opted for the Rolls-Royce of controllers, the Elmod. Can't blame you. :D I think your grasp of how it all goes together and functions, is probably well above average, :D and the video could also be instructive for first-time Elmod newbies.
( :shh: Go on, was it your daughter who explained it all to you? :D ...they catch on very quickly these days).
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello MTAL,

Glad you got it all figured out. Thomas is a great guy to work with. When I installed my Elmod Fusion Pro in my Taigen Tiger 1 several years ago, I had an issue that a few of the great guys on here helped me clear up. It turned out to be a bad SD card straight from Elmod itself. I had also been keeping Thomas informed of how things were going, and he figured like the Forum member's here that the SD card was the issue. 6 days later I received an envelope from Germany with a new SD card in it! You should have seen how many stamps were on that little envelope! Great customer service!

I see you also have the Bluetooth, Android hookup. I really like that feature a lot! So nice to change things as your cruising around!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Fellas it’s not letting me post, will this work
Mr tank a lot
Lance Corporal

Post by Mr tank a lot »

Right! That worked that time, thanks for the kind words and Thomas made my day with the firmware update, Bluetooth excellent!
My daughter is responsible for me working out the t72 airsoft servo recoil in her tank.

Thanks!
OldWolf
Recruit

Post by OldWolf »

EAO wrote:Hello MTAL,

Glad you got it all figured out. Thomas is a great guy to work with. When I installed my Elmod Fusion Pro in my Taigen Tiger 1 several years ago, I had an issue that a few of the great guys on here helped me clear up. It turned out to be a bad SD card straight from Elmod itself. I had also been keeping Thomas informed of how things were going, and he figured like the Forum member's here that the SD card was the issue. 6 days later I received an envelope from Germany with a new SD card in it! You should have seen how many stamps were on that little envelope! Great customer service!

I see you also have the Bluetooth, Android hookup. I really like that feature a lot! So nice to change things as your cruising around!

Cheers,
Eric.
Regarding that sd card. I am in the US and have gotten two bad sd cards with elmod boards. I am wondering if some kind of security scan on international parcel shipments is damaging them in transit.

Rather than asking Thomas for a replacement card, I just bought a couple, they are cheap, at a local electronics store. The elmod online site provides free downloads for everything on the sd cards as well as instructions for installing on a new card.
EAO

Post by EAO »

OldWolf wrote:
Regarding that sd card. I am in the US and have gotten two bad sd cards with elmod boards. I am wondering if some kind of security scan on international parcel shipments is damaging them in transit.

Rather than asking Thomas for a replacement card, I just bought a couple, they are cheap, at a local electronics store. The elmod online site provides free downloads for everything on the sd cards as well as instructions for installing on a new card.
Hello OldWolf,
This was back in July of 2020 so some of the particulars I'm sure I've already forgot. :/ One of the problems for me was formatting a new SD card. It appeared to work and showed all the correct items loaded onto it, but once inserted into the tank no sound, only turret movement, and the dreaded red and blue lights on the Elmod. Two new cards and two different computers with the same result. Thankfully Jimster (another Forum member) came to the rescue and downloaded his SD card directly onto a new one. Worked like a charm as did Thomas' card he sent me. No idea, even Rad suspected poltergeist activity! Probably an issue with my computers and other self induced issues! :{ Never had an issue since.

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Poltergeist or some sort of scanner that damages the boards, both of you might be OK.

I have read several times that parcels with electronics going trough the US scan are affected with damages in their electric components. I remember for example the ex IBU distributor when he did his clearance and sent some of his stock to Europe and some of us had problems with damaged equipment. Visually. everything looked perfect but there were some internal damages. We only could think of some sort of ultra strong scanner messing with it.

That, or poltergeist but I don't think there is a third posibility.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hello Rad,

Both you and OldWolf I believe are on to something with the "atomic scanner" idea frying things to a crisp! It's got to be that, or like you said, ghosts in the machine! 8O :wtf:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “El-Mod”