using Taigen 360 degree IR slip ring with ElMod *SOLVED*

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
tankgirlfuzzy
Recruit

using Taigen 360 degree IR slip ring with ElMod *SOLVED*

Post by tankgirlfuzzy »

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a Taigen Panzer iv (IR version) with the 360 degree IR slip ring to use with a ElMod Fusion Eco. Everything works except the muzzle flash. I suspect it is because the internal board that connects the eleven pin wire with the three output cables changes the wiring, because the five pin muzzle flash output cable is different than the normal five pin muzzle flash connector that plugs into the internal board. Has anyone had any experience with this? Clearly the output muzzle flash connector is missing a wire and needs one from the IR connector, but I'm not sure which. I can probably figure it out but wonder if someone else has done this already.

I'm not using the IR system so I'm willing to sacrifice that connector. I noticed that when using the regular Taigen board, if you disconnect the IR slip ring connector from the Taigen MFU, the flash doesn't work; you must keep that connector plugged in for the flash to function, even if you disconnect the IR system.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Last edited by tankgirlfuzzy on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tank Girl
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: using Taigen 360 degree IR slip ring with ElMod

Post by Tiger6 »

Best bet would be to contact Thomas at El-Mod and discuss directly with him, his English is perfect and he is very helpful (and probably quite bored being stuck at home right now :D )
tankgirlfuzzy
Recruit

Post by tankgirlfuzzy »

That is in fact exactly what I did, even before I saw your reply. And Thomas responded quickly with the solution: the middle grey wire on the IR connector must be relocated to the middle slot on the flash connector.
taigen 360 elmod wiring.jpg
taigen 360 elmod wiring.jpg (28.2 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
I'm surprised this hasn't come up before on the board, but I'm happy to add to this board's knowledge base for anyone else who needs this info in the future.
Tank Girl
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: using Taigen 360 degree IR slip ring with ElMod *SOLVED*

Post by Tiger6 »

:thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before on the board, but I'm happy to add to this board's knowledge base for anyone else who needs this info in the future.[/quote]

It is great to hear that your problem has been satisfactorily resolved due to Thomas at Elmod's intervention, I think the reason why this particular issue has not been highlighted on the Forum before is simply because the Elmod Fusion Eco board is still a pretty rare bird in the Hobby (Mores the pity) and it is entries by members of the Forum such as yours that expands our knowledge,
So its a Well Done You :thumbup: for sharing, Thanks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “El-Mod”