Abu Dhabi

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Abu Dhabi

Post by General Jumbo01 »

As a real life long F1 fan l confess l am disturbed by what is happening this year. I refer to the senseless squabbling on track for the championship. Equal on points as they go to the last round at Abu Dhabi this weekend the only certain way the Red Bull driver can win the championship is to do what he did at Monza, giving him the championship not on points but wins this year.

The last round showed how dangerous the situation is. I felt sick watching that round but couldn't turn away. I dread the worst this Sunday.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Abu Dhabi

Post by jarndice »

All that Mr Verstappen need do to win the World Championship this year is to damage car 44 so badly that it cannot win the final race and this years level of appalling driving by the pilot of car 33 suggests that may well be on the cards if good driving is not going to do the job.
I used to really enjoy Formula 1 but there is too much money in it now and that has ruined it.
I fear Moto GP and WSB are going the same way, With Foggy/Biaggi gone along with Rossi/Stoner the originals are going with no true characters replacing them :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

For me its fairly obvious that Verstappen has upset the "business plan"
Anyone, absolutely anyone, that dares to challenge the seemingly god given right of Hamilton to get what he wants is vilified.
The only one to do so was his 'team mate' (if thats what one calls such a situation), and he couldnt wait to get out of F1 once he won the title.
Bottas is the perfect team player...................I.E. shuts up & does what hes told.
'Mad-Max is not one for that.
F1 is not new to a crashing sacrifice scenario deciding a title............thats happened before & no doubt will again.

Watch out, a Stewards penalty will likely decide this outcome, and it will be part of the greater 'plan' to ensure one Mr Schumacher is usurped completely.Anyone could say its a Boxing match, with all its perceived backroom skulduggery.

Yeah, conspiracy theorist..........but with so much of the F1 races influenced heavily by stewards & protests, wing flex and power unit allocation= grid penalty................might as well save all the Euro's & toss coins.

We will all soon see eh ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

This year, only four races were shown on free TV in germany.
And I didn't miss it.
The last race showed that gentleman drivers are no longer in demand.
It's okay if someone overtakes next to the track and then lets the competitor drive up...
Then Marko complains that his team is at a disadvantage.
The thief is loudly proclaimed the victim..... :O
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Just watched the Lewis/ Max drivers conference and they were advised that Michael Massey has just stated that the stewards are able to take away championship points if warranted.

I do not think there is any real underlying business plan (each team, each fan has their own!). I would welcome someone other than Lewis to win the championship if they can do so cleanly, both on and off the track, but Max has already played so dirty l don't know if l can ever forgive him for the way he has spoilt F1 for me.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

The race director is Michael Masi... ;)
The trouble is, Max doesn't look for fault in himself...
He always says, "I drove hard...."
This is a bad mentality and not good for F1.

I really hope that Ferrari will have a better performance next year.
Charles Leclerc is the right counterpart to Max.
He will put up with less than Louis and drive just as hard as Max.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I have watched the Verstappen/Hamilton clashes over this years GPs and really don't like what I have seen. Unfortunately with Verstappen it has been like watching all that was horrifying about Michael Schumachers driving and a 'win at all costs' approach which is about as unsportsmanlike as any I have seen on a GP track. The last GP where Verstappen tried to take Hamilton out (please you don't drive in the middle of the track and weave, then slam on the brakes if you are giving a place back!) was just plain ludicrous and fully deserved the 10 second penalty and 2 drivers points, which however had no bearing on the race result or the season. There has been an excellent analysis of the drivers actual monitored performance which clearly illustrates Verstappen's intent.

I can only hope and pray that both drivers remmber this weekend that F1 is a sport, not a kill or be killed competition.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

As long as Christian Horner and Helmut Marko blow the same horn and always say Mercedes and Louis are evil, Max will always do the same.
As soon as Max gets a penalty, everything and everyone is against Red Bull.
Crying like bitches is what they do best!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I used to enjoy wishing Coulthard and Jenson Button well, and there are a couple of highly promising Brit drivers in the wings, but, personally, I've never cared for Hamilton. :|
It's the very best tech that wins, mostly, but racing would be more enjoyable if smaller teams had access to the very best resources, then racing would be less consistently lopsided.
I used to enjoy the days when drivers had to run to their cars, and Motorcycle riders had to bump start their bikes (Geoff Duke and others). Yes, that was shortly after chariot racing on the Circus Maximus, but people seemed more sporting, and charismatic, in those days. Hamilton, sadly, has the charisma of a cowpat.
:thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Its seeming like as F1 has not had this kind of situation for decades, the officialdom are not sure how to act.
Like they are running to the rulebook as soon as something happens.........
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”