THE BARMY'S ARE BACK

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

THE BARMY'S ARE BACK

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The Ashes are ON !
Now for the record, Im a Kiwi, so its about the event & occasion for me, not necessarily the result.
As I'm stuck at home, unable to drive myself anywhere(but mad) cant go to work, I broke out the Corona's & lime slices to watch the first test.
Not a bad way to begin at lunchtime ;)
Some of the optimistic 'Barmys' have also started on the beer, but I'd say that looking at the poor buggers with frightfully pale skin & a few doomed souls also with red hair getting on it in the Aussie sun will only end badly !! 8O

My servo's have turned up from Ozarmour Rc so I can press on with the barrel mechanism.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Re: THE BARMY'S ARE BACK

Post by tomhugill »

I can't believe I stayed up for (some of that) s&£t show

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Lucky they bought English weather with them I reckon :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Good to see you back watching sport Herman :thumbup: I was very concerned for the welfare of your television after the recent All Blacks v France test.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

B_Man wrote:Good to see you back watching sport Herman :thumbup: I was very concerned for the welfare of your television after the recent All Blacks v France test.

Lets just say It was a very miserable week post-mortem in this house. Tv way too big to throw outside, I learnt that years ago after doing exactly that..............1999 Bledisloe Cup actually, next day no T.V. , angry wife, scared children.............yep, more than just a game :think:
The shock of 2 in a row & our inability to even imitate a coherent response to the Irish and French tactics is frightening.
Throw in the T20 loss, its been a belting to the pride & self esteem.

I'd like to think that the old adage "everything happens for a reason" has an ACTUAL good reason for that to happen :/ :'(

Still, this Ashes series should produce some entertainment , if nothing else other than horrendously sunburnt & hungover Pommy cricket fans getting about Brisbane for a week !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Fighting for a draw!!
I have spent time in bars in the U.S. (surprise I know) and once they figure out that I'm from further south than Louisiana, they belt me with "how can anyone play a game for a week and no one wins" !! :O

Got to agree in this case.................still 25 overs ish available but its looking like a one man resistance effort.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”