Panic!!!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Panic!!!

Post by MikeHamilton »

Over the last couple of days I’ve been etch priming and painting the suspension arms on my Taigen King Tiger in the garage.

All went very well. A coat of Halfords finest etch primer. Once dried a quick blast with Halfords Red Oxide primer and then yesterday I airbrushed the 18 suspension arms and the two track tensioner. Once again all went well.

I collected all the bits and placed them on kitchen towel in a stout cardboard box and took them up to my man cave

Earlier this afternoon after concluding that everything was dry I decided to fit said suspension bits. I did 1 1/2 sides and then realised that I was missing one of the arms. Eek! And Aaarrggghh. And panic big time.

I turned the man face upside down - cleared my bench, emptied the rubbish bin and sorted through all the bits of rubbish. No joy.

I opened up the garage and had a good look around. No joy once more.

In a fit of pique, I then (with figurative clothes peg on my nose) rooted through our black none recycling dustbin. Bags of dirty and exceedingly smell cat litter etc. Well you get the picture. No joy.

Ok, bite the bullet the bullet time. Would Forgebear be able to supply a single suspension part? Probably not. If not, would they sell me a suspension set? Possibly.

Another hunt in the man cave. Nope. Another search in the garage and voila. The offending part was retrieved having dropped down the side of the big workbench. Deep joy.

Anyway I’m now a very relieved and happy bunny and have a hull fitted with a full complement of suspension arms.

I think Max Hastings Falklands War quotation would be particularly apt for me. “I counted them all out and counted them all in again”.
Last edited by MikeHamilton on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Panic!!!

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Well l just hope that taught you a lesson and you'll take a bit more care next time. In the mean time, take 50 lines... ' l must not be careless when painting my Taigen King Tiger suspension arms'. 8O
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Tee hee.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It's happened to me more times than l care to admit. One of my long haired cats used to love to sit on my work space and 'help'. Regularly she would get up and walk off with valuable parts clinging in her fur. I can't really complain, they were after all her models, she just let me play too! Animal lovers will know what l mean ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Well l just hope that taught you a lesson and you'll take a bit more care next time.
I've lost count of how many times I've had a small part between my fingertips and some pressure of a knife/file/screwdriver has caused to to fly off into a pile of crap or on the floor, lost forever.

Have I learned from it?
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Estnische wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:Well l just hope that taught you a lesson and you'll take a bit more care next time.
I've lost count of how many times I've had a small part between my fingertips and some pressure of a knife/file/screwdriver has caused to to fly off into a pile of crap or on the floor, lost forever.

Have I learned from it?
By the sounds of it, no you’ve not. Me neither.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I put a length of cord through a countersunk Neo-Dymion magnet and trawl the workshop floor when I drop metal bits but unfortunately that method is worse than useless with Plastics :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Off topic”