Mark Ormrod Royal Marine

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Mark Ormrod Royal Marine

Post by Rattlesnake road »

From Mark Ormrod’s post. Mark apparently is in Helmand at the moment, well done Royal.

We gave freedom, we gave hope, we sacrificed, we lost friends and family, we carry the physical and emotional scars everyday.

The people of Afghanistan have had a taste of a better life and a better existence and I don’t think it’ll be something they’ll be quick to throw away.

They’ve been exposed to a different way of living, a better way, a way worth fighting for.

I, like many I’m sure have been contacted constantly by the media over the last few days to give a comment on the current situation but I’m wise enough now to know that what they’ll want to ask me is ‘was it worth losing your limbs for’

I have a beautiful family, constant opportunities and I live a good life, I probably could have got that another way with a lot less trauma but these are the cards I was dealt.

I know that I can say with my hand on my heart and ignoring all of the politics that we had a positive impact!

We saved and changed lives and I’ll forever be proud of the small part I played in that.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Mark Ormrod Royal Marine

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for posting.

And just like Mark, we on this forum will be ignoring all the politics. Along with the media's thoughts and opinions.

I will add. It is good to hear some of the more positive thoughts from our frontline serving military personnel.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I spent 20 months at Kandahar Airfield from 2010 to 2012 supporting the US Army as a contractor as my own military service ended in 1996. I lost a CHUmate to a mortar round when he left to go support one of the FOBs. Despite the idiocy of how this withdrawal is being conducted, I made a lot of good friends over there and helped my company provide services to thousands of US troops. I am currently working for the Veterans Administration so I am still trying to do my part for the soldiers however I can. I just hope everyone comes home safe regardless of their country of origin.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Amen to that. I sense though that we are not all coming home as troops appear to be not too discreetly returning.

I have no opinion on this as l'm not in the know but l guess someone has to stop the killing and oppression. The problem is that all parties believe they are right. I wish the world's population all felt the same way. If everyone were the same it would be a dull place but differences just lead to wars.

No wars, no tanks. Deal! I'd happily go back to trucks etc!

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you for your positive comments. It hurts to see people in terror and worse. I wish I had magical power to stop it all.

Return to “Off topic”