G O A T.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

G O A T.

Post by jarndice »

Well probably a year or more later than he should Valentino Rossi has decided to retire from Moto GP but thankfully he is alive with no major injuries to restrict the rest of his life,
What a brilliant sportsman,
He pretty much redefined the sport and brought many people who knew nothing about Moto GP into racetracks around the World,
The word Charisma might have been invented for him,
He lived in London for a few years so obviously he became an Englishman but in truth wherever he hung his hat was his home,
Much loved except by a few of his competitors who saw the side of a man who only knew one place on the podium and that was the top step.
Thank you Vale/Il Dottore we will be in your debt for many years.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: G O A T.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

It will indeed be very sad to see Vale hanging his boots up Jarndice and as you rightly say the world of motorcycle racing owes him a debt of gratitude for what he has done for the sport. There are a few riders whose names are recognized throughout households in motorcycle racing whether you are a fan or not and surely he would be close to the top.
I have attended many races over the years and have seen him ride on numerous occasions and at the pinnacle of his career one of his most diehard fans was my 5 year old daughter who has you can see from the picture was crazy about Vale, her birthday present on that particular year was a Valentino Rossi mini moto which I made a set of stabilizers for :haha: it is still tucked away in the garage 15 year's later Image

Cheers,Lee.
ImageImage
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

One of the all time best. The video regularly shown on Sky F1 where he meets Lewis to share laps in/on each others car/bike was wonderful. The way they bonded was heartwarming. Wonder what he'll do next?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[O]ne of his most diehard fans was my 5 year old daughter...[the bike] is still tucked away in the garage 15 year's later." That photo is precious! At 20 she probably gets a kick out of it. At 30, she might just want one for her own daughter or son. At 40 she will chuckle. At 50 she will smile wistfully. At 60 she will restore it to brand new condition.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And at 70 she will have it valued at the Antiques Roadshow :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Off topic”