NZ V ENGLAND TEA & LUNCH SPORT

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

NZ V ENGLAND TEA & LUNCH SPORT

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The first test was one of frayed nerves, this one is shaping up to be a proper “test”
Bad news for us is facing India for the world test cup 8O
Great to see your lot singing in the sunshine!!
Sunburn and alcohol poisoning, what a way to start the summer eh chaps :haha:

Sorry if you “awful Colonials” don’t understand, but us “frightful Antipodeans” have a bit of a jolly old game on against our old Mother Country!!
Let’s hope this time if they get a carrot offered , that they don’t fight to snatch a draw out of a chance of victory eh !!

(Now puts on a K-pot & waits for the return volley) :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Re: NZ V ENGLAND TEA & LUNCH SPORT

Post by jarndice »

It is very bad form to poke a sharp stick up the backside of a sleeping donkey :thumbdown: and while New Zealand have always played entertaining cricket the English long ago learned that playing in that fashion merely hastens defeat hence the recent test match which we played to a draw having recognised that the alternative result was not going to be a win :lolno: Oh dear as I write this Mr James Anderson just waved his magic wand and so off to the clubhouse trudges another pawn err player :haha:
BUG*ER it turns out I was watching a repeat having just come back to the Puter from making a cup of java :thumbdown:
And so the treadmill rumbles on or should that be the tumbril ???
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jeez I tell ya what, tough gig to go to bed at night, get to the ground in the morning & get out on the first delivery !! :/ :{

38 to win :wtf: :O ...............well we aint got there yet so its not done, but I fear Mr Jarndice will need something a bit stiffer than Earl Grey to get over this one by the looks.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes yes that's all very well but at least it was a close match :{
NOT,
And we have 5 home test matches against India in August so I suppose we could look at this as good practice for another blo*dy good hiding yet to come.
What breaks my heart is the Bowlers have done such a fine job overall especially without a dedicated spinner but the batsmen have been disastrous and something I never thought I would say,
The English fielders were rubbish. :thumbdown:
Instead of lemon in the Earl Grey I might just squeeze a drop of something stronger into the cup instead, And NASTY biscuits instead of the more usual Nice ones :lolno:
Finally with not a touch of bitterness, Well played New Zealand a deserved win.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I’m sure your guys will regroup.
It’s England at home, they will feel righteously violated after this but find the pluck that makes them who they are.
I agree the bowlers were stellar while the batting but especially fielding( actually keeping) was awful.
There is little chance of India feeling under threat, they are that good, but at least we are in the fight.

One to go mate, let’s see if we can win the series AND the W.C. Test :problem:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”