Prince Philip’s Funeral

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Prince Philip’s Funeral

Post by Jimster »

Deepest sympathies to my UK cousins. Watching the funeral and the bagpipes just gave me chills. Such a very beautiful ceremony in a beautiful church.
With all respect, A toast!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Prince Philip’s Funeral

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Thank you for your thoughts. A very simple service, but none the less for it. I found it very sad to see the Queen sitting on her own, after all those years together.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A couple of observations,
Don't anybody think for a moment that it's all parties and piss ups,
There is a massive price paid for it all,
When my parents died I was free to express my feelings complete with tears without the knowledge that billions of people were watching my every move and the constant stories in the press of William and Harry at war were kicked at least pro tem into the long grass as the brothers walked together away from the chapel.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Watching film of all his activities over the past couple of days you wonder at all he has achieved and slowly realise that there is no one in line capable of picking up all the pieces. What an individual. She'll miss him.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Gents,

Just watching the procession on TV. A deeply, solemn moment for sure! The Queen sure manages to remain stoic through all this, but that appears to definitely be a British trait. I can't even imagine dealing with her feelings and having all those effing cameras on you! Great to see the the brother's together again too!

I must say that Prince Philip's final ride is perfect! What a way to send him off, even better that he had a hand in designing in too! The World is rapidly losing men like this, and not for the better! Prince Philip, a man of honor, courage, sacrifice, and devotion!

I will remember this day. All hail Prince Philip!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
bondlillian
Recruit

Post by bondlillian »

It's been a long time but i couldn't agree more—the funeral was truly moving. The bagpipes added a touch of solemnity that gave me chills too. The ceremony in that beautiful church was a fitting tribute to Prince Philip. I loved the ceremony.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Hello, it's a good habit on the forum to introduce yourself in the welcome section, not to dig up old obscure topics from a few years ago ;)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Kaczor wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:20 am Hello, it's a good habit on the forum to introduce yourself in the welcome section, not to dig up old obscure topics from a few years ago ;)
It would appear that our friend has joined multiple forums just to make one post on each, nothing really relevant to the forums, just trolling them. Therefore I took him or her out with the trash.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Off topic”