A request for help.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jackalope
Lieutenant

A request for help.

Post by jackalope »

Hey gents a good friend of mine has a grandson who is going through a horribly rough time and I would to make a humble request if possible. First if anyone here believes in God might you please say a prayer for Daniel to make a full recovery? He somehow got an infection that has caused sepsis throughout his body. He was on life support and wasn't expected to survive but it's 3 weeks later and he's getting better.

But he is becoming depressed from being in the hospital so long... 3 weeks and counting. His mother has requested people please send him get well cards to try to cheer him up and I thought getting cards from all over the world may give him a smile. So if any of could spare a get well card for a very sick little boy we would all be very grateful.

His information is as follows....

Daniel Newman
St.Jude Children's Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105

Thanking you all in advance for any prayers and or get well cards you can send.

He's 14 years old.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: A request for help.

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I hope the forum will respond. To help with card selection how old is the brave young man?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

My wife and I are sending a card tomorrow. We live only 2 hours and 45 minutes north of Memphis and have passed that noble hospital many times. We wish him the best. Should we write anything special to let him know we are your forum friends? Any special interests so that we could maybe personalize the message?
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

silversurfer1947 wrote:I hope the forum will respond. To help with card selection how old is the brave young man?
Thank you.

He's 14. I don't know what his interests are.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Jimster wrote:My wife and I are sending a card tomorrow. We live only 2 hours and 45 minutes north of Memphis and have passed that noble hospital many times. We wish him the best. Should we write anything special to let him know we are your forum friends? Any special interests so that we could maybe personalize the message?
He doesn't know me, his parents don't know me either, I'm friends with one of his grandmother's. I don't know much about him just that his heart stopped 3 times, his kidneys shut down, he almost lost his legs and he's fought back from everything but he's starting to get depressed about being in the hospital so long.

I wish I could tell you more.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I wish I had seen this earlier today. I will get on it tomorrow morning!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I wish I had seen this earlier today. I will get on it tomorrow morning!
Thank you.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have a card which will go in the post tomorrow.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jackalope,

Cards in the mail this AM, it's not coming from anywhere exotic, just Mid Missouri. But whenever I think I'm having a crap day, I try to remember there's lots of folks out there having way, way, way of a worse time than I can even imagine! :{ He's a brave kid, that's way too much s@^t to put up with at his tender age. I would of rolled over and called Uncle long ago! Wishing the best for him and his family!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thanks guys! You're the best! I couldn't imagine what he's been through! My cancer was/is bad enough but at least I can go places and keep living a mostly normal life but this little dude has been through the wringer!

I'd love for all our members to send him a get well card but I understand that not everyone can so if you can't send Daniel a get well card could you please say a little prayer he recovers.

Return to “Off topic”