Moto GP.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Moto GP.

Post by jarndice »

Ever since Moto GPs TV Rights were bought by BT from Eurosport it has been repeated in an edited 1 hour format on sky channels,
This year it is on ITV4 at 2000 Mondays or at 2100 ITV4+ so don't go looking for it on Quest or Channel 4,
The next transmission (The 2nd race of 2021) is the Doha Moto GP which is on Easter Monday.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Moto GP.

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Appreciate the heads up. Saw round 1 and was a little disappointed by the coverage but l guess that may be down to the Covid restrictions. Didn't seem to subdue the F1 first round though.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I agree with you, I was disappointed last year everything went flat with the loss of Marquez and he won't be running before Portamaio and with Valentino Rossi becoming yesterday's man and no British interest this year it needs new blood to revive the championship,
Lots of second stringers and nothing all that exciting in the supporting classes does not bode well and World Superbikes pretty much ended for me when Carl Fogarty retired,
No Isle of Man TT this year and no chance of my lady and I Scuba Diving around Mauritius this summer so roll on 2022 :lolno:
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

I too enjoy Moto GP when I can catch it.

Off the subject; Sir Jarndice, when have you ever ruffled someone's feathers?! :haha: I'm just kidding, but that is a great signature! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This years MotoGP is wide open. Once they get back to Europe, things should become a lot clearer.
The BIG unknown is Mr Marquez................how will this injury affect his risk matrix ???
He suffered from a bad case of 'Red Mist' which led to his injury, I hope he comes back & stamps his mark on the championship in Portugal.
Top Gun is a big chance, but I feel that once the venues are more stable, & a bit cooler, then the normal service should resume.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

EAO wrote:Off the subject; Sir Jarndice, when have you ever ruffled someone's feathers?! :haha: I'm just kidding, but that is a great signature! :clap:
Eric. He's just a very naughty boy ;)

These days I only catch it from time to time when I remember, so thanks for the heads up Shaun :thumbup:
To give you an idea of when I last went to an actual race, I used to follow Barry Sheen around the country lol.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01

Time you got back into it then?? However subdued or otherwise, having just watched round 1 of the new mega supported Xtreme E round, it certainly facilitated plenty of opportunity for making tea. The day before it all got underway the male driver of the US Chip "Ganasie" (sp!) was calmly bragging that they were the team the rest feared, the fastest, the best prepared and he was looking forward to some proper door banging racing.....

They finished second last, failing to make any final. Team Rosberg won, Andretti United second and Hamilton's X44 third. The 2 lap races lasted just a few minutes and typical door banging gaps between drivers ran into many, many seconds.

If this is to replace F1 one day then the format will have to change somewhat. Back to V12 maybe :/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I got into following British touring car over thirty years ago, much more enjoyable and exciting to watch than F1 from a spectator point of view.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01

Absolutely agree if in the flesh. In fact, club racing meets have always been my favourites but on TV any Motorsport is potentially good, so long as it's close. Not sure door banging is right though, not in top classes anyway.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
EAO wrote:Off the subject; Sir Jarndice, when have you ever ruffled someone's feathers?! :haha: I'm just kidding, but that is a great signature! :clap:
Eric. He's just a very naughty boy ;)

These days I only catch it from time to time when I remember, so thanks for the heads up Shaun :thumbup:
To give you an idea of when I last went to an actual race, I used to follow Barry Sheen around the country lol.
Mick,

Looking back I see Sir Jarndice actually had this signature for quite some time, my bad for not noticing! :/ I've called him Sir ever since this exchange way back when:

Postby jarndice » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:07 am

I think your first quote was from Tennisee Ernie Fords "16 Tonnes" "Another day older and nearer to death".
And 53 :haha: :haha: :haha: Wipe the soap away from the back of your ears boy and call me SIR,
Another few years and you will get your first pair of Blue Jeans and a genuine whittling knife.

See, I was raised to respect my elder's! And I listen when I'm told something! :D I was just carefully, and probably unwisely, gently poking the bear...from a very safe distance of course! :think:

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Off topic”