Ultra Power UP6+ charger issue..

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jcarducci
Recruit

Ultra Power UP6+ charger issue..

Post by jcarducci »

As many of you undoubtedly have I've purchased any number of items from Banggood. I've had zero problems with anything I've purchased
from them up to now.

That all ended with the purchase of an Ultra Power UP6+ battery charger.

Out of the box and plugged in it looked great, had high hopes for this thing upon reading the reviews. About 1 min into the first session
screen becomes completely scrambled, unreadable making the device useless. I try powering down and up, same results only it happens
faster each time until it no longer is readable as soon as powered up. Come back the next day- same result.

Contact Banggood. Fun begins. They say "provide video of problem and shot box/UPC and original packing" Items one and two I provide
but the box had been shipped in one of those plastic envelopes which I'd thrown away.

So they come back after a few days " Supplier says this is firmware problem- you must re-flash firmware" and provide link on their site to download
for a VR goggle. I questioned this and they insist to get download which I eventually do. No instructions on how to get device in update mode.

So how do I do that I asked? this last Friday They come back. "We will have solution on Monday, please wait for it"

So Monday comes and goes - no solution but I get an email stating I've not replied to the ticket and it will be closed in 7 days.

Today I respond to email and reply to ticket stating I am waiting for solution as instructed on their last response.

Their last reply and I am not making this up: "How about return the product? The address is China."

Either it was the mother of all wise arsed 'customer service' people or something was lost in translation. I plan to file a claim with PayPal
this thing cost $170 so it isn't exactly free and is quite useless.

So moral of the story is beware, if stuff works well you are good to go; if not good luck de3aling with "Customer Service"!
Stay home, build a tank save a life!

http://tanks.linite.com
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Ultra Power UP6+ charger issue..

Post by Kaczor »

Bangood, Aliexpress and other "made in China" sites - same issues. And this charger seems like little overkill for hobby use. You can buy locally proper charger witch ballancer for 1/5 of the price.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

This story belongs in the Vendors Blacklist section.

I've always assumed this type of thing would happen with such sites. They are not covered by western laws, and purchasing from them is a risk.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I agree with your comments Mick, :haha:
Might I make a suggestion that a brief instruction be embedded in the "Vendors Blacklist" to remind people about their right to claim their money back when paying by Pay-Pal.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

jarndice wrote:I agree with your comments Mick, :haha:
Might I make a suggestion that a brief instruction be embedded in the "Vendors Blacklist" to remind people about their right to claim their money back when paying by Pay-Pal.
Yes, we should have a sticky on that :thumbup:
I have been lucky in that I haven't had to make a claim via a bank/credit card, nor via PayPal. We need to have the correct procedure written down before a claim should go ahead.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

This is difficult. Banggood does carry a wide range of very useful products and at priced not matched more locally but after sales can be an issue. Always use PayPal. If things go wrong you then have free insurance to fall back on but if you bore them with long memos and a few threats they usually come good in the end.

Maybe a helpful heads up rather than a damning black list entry would be more useful. Over the years they have saved me a small fortune in many and varied items.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

That is also true.
I'm sure they have more satisfied customers than disgruntled ones.
Maybe we should add a "or buyer beware" to the blacklist title :think:
Sadly with larger companies with huge turnovers, they tend to care less about the few times things go wrong.

jcarducci
Recruit

Post by jcarducci »

A curious followup to this story. PayPal did make good on my cost for the item and a few months later Banggood refunded the cost of sending the item back to China so at that point I was out nothing except frustration of not having the charger I really wanted based on the reviews alone.

Late this morning as I went bouncing out my front door lo and behold but there was a package I never expected sitting there. Fully 5 months after the fact there like a bad penny was the wayward charger just as I had packaged it to return except with the addition of a bunch of Chinese language stickers with some English that gave me the feeling it had beedn refused there due to some problem with the description "returned -defective" on the label.

Just on the off chance that 5 months of jostling may have jostled the original issue right out the power jacks I plugged it in...

No miracles today, it behaved just as it did 5 months ago...so at least it's consistent and still useless....

Jerry
Stay home, build a tank save a life!

http://tanks.linite.com

Return to “Off topic”