Pooch Of The Month chat thread.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Pooch Of The Month chat thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

As we have now got underway, I may as well start a chat thread lol.

Thank you Roy for such an adorable Pooch as our first submission :thumbup:
That's an excellent picture, such a shame they can't stay with us for longer.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Pooch Of The Month chat thread.

Post by EAO »

Hello Guys,

All beautiful dog's. They say that the best way to honor a past dog is to bring a new one into your life. Since we make our livelihood on caring for pet's, I would have to agree with that saying. Upon the loss of our last Shepherd, we said we'd wait before jumping back into the fray. After all, we have 4 buildings full of boarders, and we can bring any of a number of our favorite, regular client's dogs up to the house. That lasted less than three weeks! :/ $3,000 and 800 miles later we had Boje and Freya. We also said we'd never do another puppy, let alone litter mates! :wtf: These are the first dog's that we didn't rescue. Since our first dog Cain, was a solid black long hair, we had to have at least one running around in order to honor his memory (actually only one of our Shepherd's was a short hair, and except for Lilli and Boje, all solid black). Since it's a very recessive gene, we had to pay to add one to our home. :lolno: This also explains why my Wife, who's constantly looking at rescue websites, snatches up any and all solid black, long hair GSD's she sees! :crazy:

Years ago, after losing our first dog Cain, I was looking through an issue of Guns and Ammo when I stumbled upon this quote. It's the best way I've ever heard of summing up our lives with our four legged companions.

"The perfection of a life with a dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process." Anonymous.

Wow, now I'm all bummed out! :'( I just may cry like a little bi#@h with a skinned knee! Probably not, but I'm going to go out in 10 degree weather to play with the dummies just in case! :D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That’s a great quote my friend!
EAO

Post by EAO »

:thumbup: :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Interesting idea, sadly this is one that may prove difficult for me to enter, my idiot dogs won’t keep still long enough for a not blurred photo, plenty of the horses though. Past and present
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great idea. Found it a little difficult having only lost our beloved pooch in November.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Can't leave you lot alone for five minutes.

Such a fantastic collection of dogs, and so very sad when they have to leave us :(

I only take in rescue or unwanted pets, I've even had a pet Jay, that when very young was abandoned/lost on a building site for a whole day, sadly he had some issues, which was probably why he was abandoned.
Because they are rescue, it helps me deal with their passing, but I still get haunted from guilt from time to time when I've had to do the humane thing, no matter how many years later :(
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hello Gents,

43rdRR,
Midgie was unbelievably adorable! She must of captured a lot of hearts I'm sure! :angel:

Ludwig,
Ah, Merlin. Trouble....who me? :shifty:

Herr Dr.,
Citelle the Beauceron. Now there's a powerful, if somewhat fairly obscure breed! She looked like a real sweetheart! Chicory seems to have an accomplished groomer too! Very nice. :thumbup:

FredtheFrench,
Urus looks very innocent. The look he's giving under the table is priceless! Seems to be saying "love me, or I'll eat the children, and the siding off the house"! :D

Mick,
Sandy looked very sweet! You'll go somewhere special in the end for your devotion to these needfully, rescued animals. Speaking of birds, my Grandfather had a pet raven as a young man. He named it Poe after his favorite author. It spent the days outside, but came inside the house to roost at night. If you were missing anything shiny (car keys, watch, coins, ear rings, necklace, etc.) it could be found in his "nest" on top of the china hutch! Grandma was less than pleased, but put up with it! :clap:

Exhibitedbrute,
Very nice pair of "toughs" there! :thumbup: What's the other's name? You can't leave him out of the game! :haha: See, they sat still just like the perfect pair they are! :lolno:

Ad Lav,
Ellie was a sweetie from the looks of it! I'm a huge sucker for old dogs! I'm also very fond of dressing dogs up in human clothes! :/ When we had our first dog Cain, he went Trick Or Treating with one of our friend's daughters. She was Little Red Riding Hood and he was the Big Bad Wolf. Hajo also loved playing dress up! He used to wear my "Certified Dog Trainer" sweat shirt a lot! Alright, that sounded a little weird!? But trust me, it was all in good fun! :wtf: Sorry for your loss!

Regards,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Haha that photo took several attempts and in the end bribery won. The other one is called ozzy
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thinking about the quote brings the song 'Autumn leaves' to mind'
Yes, when leaves fall from the trees, they can't be put back- that's where others want to be. :think: Life's cyclical and, as Bob Dylan put it:
"Temporary, like Achilles'. But there's nothing that can be done about it, except to enjoy it, and them, while we're here, ... but...to the absolute limit!! Yay.
Beautiful creatures. I now have three (westies) under monuments in my garden- and yet, they're still with me. But two, bubbling with life, on my sofa. Ooops- their sofa :thumbup:

Speaking of loss, I have to attend a 'virtual' funeral next Tuesday, of an old school friend who got Covid for Christmas.
So...here's a timely reminder to all: don't just look after those lovely pooches, but yourselves too!! The bug is so, so sneaky.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”