February Pet Of The Month.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

February Pet Of The Month.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry guys, not THAT type of pet of the month :/

So, I think this month's Pet Of The Month should start with Pooches, so, who's going to start this off with their favourite pooch for Pooch Of The Month.

Similar format to the TOTM but I don't think we need to see any build threads thank you :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Pet Of The Month.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Puppy, and toilet training phases accepted? :D ;)
I'm sure many here would actually relish the chance to show off their best (canine) friends, or slipper-chewers. Here's a pic of my late Midgie as a puppy. This was published by the Highland Press and Journal, and BBC Scotland.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

What a cutie, so sad when their time comes.
Regards john :wave:
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

This is Merlin so named as I hoped he would bring some magic, more like tragic LOL, we love him but he is
a bit of a nightmare sometimes.
Attachments
P1070427.JPG
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Late Midgie" :'( :( Sigh: that was certainly one of the cutest pups I have ever seen!
Merlin looks like a lovable pal! It looks as if he has taken over the computer and either the bed or a chair. These are familiar problems. :)

I will contribute three photos.

1) Here's the late Citelle de Pirates Noir, a French Berger de Beauce/Beauceron from thirty years ago. She was powerful enough to kill large snakes and gentle enough to place baby rabbits back in the nest. I saw both happen.
Citelle Aged.jpg
2) This is Chicory, a Schnauzer (a.k.a. SchnauzLer) fresh to a new home in 2015. I had intended her to help care for my late wife who was far into Alzheimer's at the time. Too late for that, but she was quickly my fast companion, providing loads of laughs and being a PIA at the same time.
Chicory 2015.jpg
3) This is Chicory about the same time, practicing her show stance.
Chicory 5-6-15 (1).jpg
3 1/2) This is Chicory in her show stance about 2018.
Proud Schnauzer.jpg
3 3/4) This is Chicory a month ago, enjoying the snow.
Happy Chicory.jpg
See, just three photos! By the way, the show stance is for such events as "show me the food" or "show me some attention" or "show me a smelly pillow."
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Lovely dogs, we also have 2 chocolate labradors and 2 main coon cats :crazy:
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

It is not a joke :D ? Okay. This is Urus (nothing to see with Lamborghini :D ).

He's living with us since end of june 2020 (born in april 2020).

Very good german sheperd. Training since september. A lot of nonsense, like bite the chairs, the stair, my schwimmwagen's charger and a lot of another things... :crazy:

The day we choose him:

Few weeks after arrived in his new home:

Few days ago in snow:

Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you guys, I could hug them all.

Meet my first pooch, Sandy, not a full German Shepherd, she had some form of Lurcher in her DNA. Slimmer than normal, and very fast compared to a normal GS.
Sorry about the picture quality, my old neighbour, a professional photographer took the shot over 30 years ago :/

Bought her from Battersea Dogs Home about 36/7 years ago for a £25 donation. She was just under a year old, and you could see all her bones, even after the three weeks they had her.
Attachments
20210218-214801.jpg
20210218-214801.jpg (121.41 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:What a cutie, so sad when their time comes.
Regards john :wave:
:D Thanks, John. Yes, a huge unfillable void when they go, but the memories last for life. Thanks for the chuckle about the missing 'magic'. :thumbup:
I had a friend with a remarkably placid old, rescue, German Shepherd. He called him 'Storm'; but I pointed out that he was a bit more like 'Drizzle'... :D
Yes, you have to love them all! Love Urus with the wonky ear, and the question he's asking...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: February Pet Of The Month.

Post by EAO »

Wow Mick!

February 2021 is definitely breaking some new, exciting ground here at RCTW.UK!

So here's something I have and have had more than one of. Can you believe I only have one RC tank!? Could someone talk to my Wife about this dearth of RC vehicles for me?

Anyway, let's see. We've only had German Shepherds, and first there was Cain. Followed by Hajo, and Halla, with Lilli, then Maadi. Now it's Boje and Freya. We actually had 4 at a time. It was a bit like living with a wolfpack. As only one was a shorthair, we have gone through a lifetime's share of vacuums in less than 30 years!

Love them all dearly. But I'll go with our current beasties. Many of you know Boje. His claim to fame is the partial inspiration for Jimster's suberb "Miss Leningrad's" mascot.

Here's my Bubzer at 3 months old. Just brought him home. He will be 6 this June. He still has that derpy look on his face.

This is probably cheating. Here's his sister, Freya at the same age. They are in inseparable. She's his partner in crime, and the brains of the operation.

Finally, I leave you with a shot that we see all the time. My boy sitting and staring off into space. What's he contemplating? If you knew him, you'd know it's not much!

Rest easy Lille, Cain, Hajo, Halla, and Maadi.

Fabulous entries one and all!

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Off topic”