February Pet Of The Month.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: February Pet Of The Month.

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Well no pooch of the month is complete with out the local thugs

In this shot there was supposed to be just the one dog but as expected the other one had to be involved.

I give you diesel.
A staffy x mastiff
Though not from London ourselves this brute is.
It took a 2 and a half hour drive and 300 mile round trip to get him,
Why she couldn’t pick one closer to home I don’t know
At 9 years old he’s getting on a bit now but still acts like a younger dog and walks us rather than the other way around
His partner in crime pictured right felt he was missing out on something and had to join in
Attachments
DB9EDBB8-31D5-4D42-8A30-757A6ED85FF3.jpeg
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

This is Ellie, our Labrador x Weimaraner.

We rescued her when she was around 2 years old, all skin and bones and very nervous.

Fast forward 13 years, she had a wonderful life with us and came on every holiday we took!

Sadly we lost Ellie to cancer in November 2020, still very fresh in my mind. A wonderful companion, she came to work with me every day for about 13 years!

Seen below, wearing my work hat on a rather cold day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Hello

His name is Peng , my best friend , gone a year ago in the age of 14 years

RIP Frenchie

Regards Ralf
Would like to go home
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

....and if I may be allowed to post an addendum, only having shown dear old Westie, Midgie, as a pup, this pic shows here in her favourite place, on watch over Loch Ewe. She could spend hours there. She'd found the perfect niche in the old wall for her tiny butt. She also used to follow the vacuum cleaner around the house 8O Somehow, the 'exhaust' from it pampered her. Most dogs, I suspect, hate vacuum cleaners. She loved 'em!. :thumbup:
A few 'Marley and Me ' moments here from Adam, Ralf, Eric and others. I could never watch that film again, nor the 'Hachico' one- a Japanese 'Greyfriars Bobby' story. I can't watch that one either! :) The thing is, if sharing your life with canine companions (I don't like the 'pet' designation-as it smacks of property), and caring for them suits you- the only thing to do, when losing one- heartbreaking though it always is, is to find another to share your life. Caring for dogs, and our other fellow 'Earthlings' (animals..), makes us better, and far less self-indulgent humans.
Midgie (officially: 'Dame Jenny Wren'), was a beautiful friend. She died last August, aged 14 yrs, 6 months, of cancer.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Pavel
Lance Corporal

Post by Pavel »

Ten days, eyes opened....
Attachments
1623817983221.jpg
1623817983186.jpg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Look! Pavel has revived the old "February Pet of the Month" thread with photos that just melt old softies like me!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Bless, so sweet.

Well, this is Bailey falling asleep in his dinner after a long day on a beach.
20220626-225743.jpg
20220626-225743.jpg (122.19 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
This is Tilly, probably trying to work out why I look similar upside down.
20220626-225446.jpg
20220626-225446.jpg (117.32 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
And this is Tilly's twin sister Daisy, sadly she died a couple of months ago from inoperable cancer, at only 13.
20220626_224936.jpg
20220626_224936.jpg (158.1 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
Bailey was removed from an abusive home and came to live with us. We had his DNA tested, he's 75% German Shepherd, and 25% Staffordshire Bull Terrier, which accounts for his brindle markings.
The girls, Tilly and Daisy were found as kittens in a carrier bag near trash, they also had a brother who sadly didn't make it. They spent their first five years living in a flat, never adventuring outside. Then their next three years at one of my customers/friends house, till they moved to France, which is when I took them almost five years ago, as I was familiar to them. Luckily they were accepting of Bailey, who acted a bit like a mother hen towards them, he still does with Tilly. And now it's just down to the pair of them to keep our garden safe from neighbourhood cats.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Right on time this thread is live again! I adopted this little dog one week ago. Unknown breed, and we have no clue how big is she going to be, but is bringing inmense amounts of joy to the family.

Lads and gentleman, this is Keoma:
IMG_20220622_170439.jpg
I always wanted to have a dog, that has always been my dream. Unfortunately I could not have one while at my parents home, and after leaving my home I started my own family and got three children. We are alone here in Austria, no family help at all, so let's say I was way too busy for having a dog. But the children are growing and they are not so dependent now, so it was about time to include her as a new family member.

When I adopted her I cried in happyness for like 30 minutes. I even told it to my wife that it sounds bad, but I got more emotions adopting the dog than when having children, lol.

But shhhh!!! Dont tell it to my kids! lol
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

It is so good to have this thread alive again! That's a great story, Rad! Sorry about Daisy, SOG, but that's part of having animals around :( Thanks for reopening the thread, Pavel.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Right on time this thread is live again! I adopted this little dog one week ago. Unknown breed, and we have no clue how big is she going to be, but is bringing inmense amounts of joy to the family.

Lads and gentleman, this is Keoma:
IMG_20220622_170439.jpg
I always wanted to have a dog, that has always been my dream. Unfortunately I could not have one while at my parents home, and after leaving my home I started my own family and got three children. We are alone here in Austria, no family help at all, so let's say I was way too busy for having a dog. But the children are growing and they are not so dependent now, so it was about time to include her as a new family member.

When I adopted her I cried in happyness for like 30 minutes. I even told it to my wife that it sounds bad, but I got more emotions adopting the dog than when having children, lol.

But shhhh!!! Dont tell it to my kids! lol
I'd say that by the size of the feet.....................best get a bigger yard 8O !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”