Shipping from Europe to USA

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Shipping from Europe to USA

Post by Lo_Thar »

Hey! I've got a question . Has anyone ever shipped a tank to the US? How long did it go? I sold the model on the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30881

and sent by sea parcel on 10/12/2020. Apparently, the package goes from 4-6 weeks, so I'm already starting to worry. The more so that the tracking website still indicates that it is in the Polish port from 16/12/2020. It's not about the value of the model, because the package is insured for a greater amount than the buyer paid, but the situation is getting a little awkward for me. The lady at the post office said that due to COVID and Christmas it might go a little longer. And I can only file a complaint if it does not arrive in 3 months.
Attachments
IMG_20210124_192635.jpg
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Shipping from Europe to USA

Post by Kaczor »

My last package from Poland do US went missing. I have to refunt buyer and it was not insuranced to it sucks for me. Same status from 4 month (Polish port). I PM you.
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

I know normal package sometimes went missing, but i hope almost 700euro insurence will be enought to deliver it ;P
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Based on my experience as a buyer, it is Airmail that now takes about 1 month from Europe to America. Surface mail is between 3 and 4 months. Everything actually made it so far, including a heavy book from Australia that was rerouted to surface mail due to lack of air travel and somehow took a 5 months trek around the globe.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Since you sent the parcel with the worst possible option ( Polish Post ), and you chose "Economical Shipment" by sea, do not be surprised if the parcel arrives across the Atlantic after 2-3 months (due to the holiday peak, parcels are usually processed longer). In addition, you have no guarantee that the package will arrive undamaged, because first it waited in the warehouse for a container for a month, then it will be loaded onto the ship. Then the cruise - usually lasts 3 weeks, then a week for customs clearance (simplified because your package is a "gift") and then USPS will go. In addition, the Polish Post is not responsible for anything in the event of late delivery and you will not do anything to them ...

Anyway...good luck :thumbup:
And yes, I'm also a Pole ;)
Last edited by abramsky on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

And one more thing. There is no such thing at the Polish Post Office as a complaint for a delay in delivery of more than 3 months for Economy shipment. Economic shipment is therefore "Economical" because Polish Post is not responsible for the delivery time. I have submitted complaints to the Polish Post Office several times - always rejected ...
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

abramsky wrote:And yes, I'm also a Pole ;)
Lo_Thar is Turalyon from RCtank.pl ;)
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Shippings to USA are taking a lot of time. The last letters I sent are taking like two months.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Kaczor wrote:
abramsky wrote:And yes, I'm also a Pole ;)
Lo_Thar is Turalyon from RCtank.pl ;)
Oooh! I hope I didn't ruin his day ... By the way, how small the world is :)
Last edited by abramsky on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hmmm...looks like the Christmas gifts I sent to my brother, and his family, on Cape Cod (Massachusetts) should have been labelled 'Happy Easter! ' then. :problem:
I wonder whether migrating birds, or even carrier pigeons might make a better option? :think: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”