Weather...

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Weather...

Post by jhamm »

Brexit_Rain.jpg
Brexit_Rain.jpg (60.97 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Weather...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D :thumbup:

Ah, but we have much milder Winters, here, Jürgen :wave: :haha:

...and they're all ours, now :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote::D :thumbup:

Ah, but we have much milder Winters, here, Jürgen :wave: :haha:

...and they're all ours, now :haha:
Wow, you look YEARS younger Roy, amazing what a bit of sun can do for your complexion :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Looks like a single malt day at the beach.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

A couple of inches of snow, down here in the West Country when I woke up this morning!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Well, tomorrow is Burn's Night in Scotland (25th) ! (and noooo.....it's not to do with the misuse of fireworks doon in Glasgow. :lolno: ).
For the uninitiated, this is when the national bard (who penned the poem behind 'Auld Lang Syne'-.), Robert Burns, is celebrated in large libations of Whisky, along with 'Tatties', Neeps and Haggis. (potatoes, turnips, and haggis). The tatties and neeps, although somewhat bland, help to slow the absorption of whisky down- allowing ever more o be consumed. :crazy: :D :clap:

edit: Annoyingly, every time I write 'Tatties', the uncomprehending spellchecker changes it, without warning, to 'Tattoos' :{ and 'Neeps to 'needs'.

As for Mick's slur on my manly physique, I'll have you know that I'm convinced the local phantom Mannequin modeller has based this figure on moi!. The tartans are wrong, (they look a bit like Royal Stuart, and MacKenzie- but I'll need to brush up on that.)- but the figure's just about correct- minus the Grecian 2000. :haha:

Anyway, this is our weather today!!. Go figure. We're not that far from the Arctic Circle, and yet Spain has had five consecutive days of -20C temps lately :O
You're welcome tae your continental weather :thumbup:

edit: Had to correct the day earlier, as I thought it was already the 25th-. :haha: :/ However, today's weather is predicted to be just as clear tomorrow!.

By the way, for train buffs, when Duck Ducking 'Heilan lassie', I chanced upon these beautiful trains. Do check 'em out.
https://www.steamworkshop.co.uk/portfol ... an-lassie/
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

On the topic of what Britain has left behind for our European cousins, apart from innovations, railways etc., the graveyards of France, Belgium and The Netherlands are full of British soldiers (1,000,000 +) from WW1 and WW2. :| It was careless of us to leave them behind.

The Dutch customs men, who laughed when they confiscated the English trucker's bacon sarnie, would do well to remember the part those soldiers played, and the ultimate sacrifice they made, in freeing their country. :shh: Just a thought.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent thoughts and interesting history. My favorite part was the whiskey and tatties. Wait a minute, tatties? Sorry. My brain’s spellcheck saw a totally different word. :{
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Oh no!
what's going on here?
do the british see black?
no it's british black humor... :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I had to look up the word, “sarnie”. This forum has greatly broadened my word knowledge.

Return to “Off topic”