Weather...

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Weather...

Post by jarndice »

One could reasonably argue that the Netherlands being a neutral country in 1939 and because it was geographically between Germany and the United Kingdom is not an excuse for Holland to be invaded by German Armed Forces or later (Too Late) by primarily the British Army thereby killing many innocent Dutch civilians who many years later treated me with friendship and invited me to watch their schoolchildren laying flowers on the graves of Allied soldiers who had died in their village,
Officialdom is the same in any country and has very little to do with the true feelings of its people.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:Excellent thoughts and interesting history. My favorite part was the whiskey and tatties. Wait a minute, tatties? Sorry. My brain’s spellcheck saw a totally different word. :{
It's only because you overly use that "word," and now we know your preferred word for the Devil's Dumplings ;)

Shaun, sadly officialdom can bring out the worse in some people, I really hate. . . .
Attachments
little Hitlers .jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Extreme cold last night. This morning, the High Valley was surrounded by mountains that looked like they were sugar glazed. Be safe all and stay warm!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

It’s the Devil’s Doughnuts over on this side of the ocean. Of course there’s always trouser chili. :sick:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning!
Extreme cold last night. This morning, the High Valley was surrounded by mountains that looked like they were sugar glazed. Be safe all and stay warm!
regards,
Painless
Woke to a frost coated lawn with the skeletal Beech trees acting as perches for the rooks and a solitary red kite floating over looking for breakfast but by 1000am everything was covered in snow and not a bird in sight,
Then I watched one man single handedly carrying his country from embarrassment to hope before being chopped down with minutes left to close of play.
You can take a Yorkshireman out of Yorkshire but you cannot take Yorkshire out of a Yorkshireman.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jhamm wrote:Oh no!
what's going on here?
do the british see black?
no it's british black humor... :haha:
:D :thumbup: it's exactly that, Jürgen. Genau. :D the Brits like to: 'Look on the bright side of life'. (think: 'Life of Brian')
When all else fails- thanks to rain... snow... die Grippe, Covid, and so on- it's always best to laugh :thumbup:
..and don't forget, by the way, that the folk below the Scottish border, whose weather this is, i.e., -The English-
were once Germans (the Saxons/Sachsen). Soooo..we can blame them, and you, for our weather :D
:D The man on the beach (with knotted handkerchief) is the stereotypical working class Englishman, at the seaside- by the way.

Super cartoon, I must say- and spot on :clap:

edit: Well, never mind the cricket scores, Shaun...here's the best British 'black' humour advice available, especially in these most 'testing' of days (pardon the pun):
phpBB [video]

With the way people are being bowled out by this dreadful illness, I think we need a little wry humour.
By the way, Jimster, I hope you didn't think that was some sort of self-portrait earlier, with the English dude on a beach.
Nah, I'd be more like this:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Of course not :D
That’s an awesome movie by the way! Can’t get that song outta my head.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Nah, I'd be more like this:

I can confirm, I've seen pictures ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Cmon !!!
That’s ALL Scotsmen !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

:-)
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 1738 times

Return to “Off topic”