Shipping from China.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Shipping from China.

Post by jarndice »

I have noticed that some Chinese company's are loading large postal charges on British orders or just not accepting orders from the UK, ie £22 postal charge for a £10 rear bicycle lamp.
I assume this has something to do with HMCR insisting on killing the golden goose before the blo*dy bird has even laid the egg ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Shipping from China.

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I must admit, I have stopped looking at things from China, at least for the time being. It is a pain as the availability in the UK is nil for what I need.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I still use Banggood for a number of items and their post, if not always free, is very reasonable. Some deliveries arrive within a week, some a month or so! I've not seen any recent changes in the charges. Are you suggesting that your experiences are Brexit related?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I still use Banggood for a number of items and their post, if not always free, is very reasonable. Some deliveries arrive within a week, some a month or so! I've not seen any recent changes in the charges. Are you suggesting that your experiences are Brexit related?
Exactly that.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

I have stopped buying anything direct from China just on moral grounds let alone past experiences
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Interesting. What's the real difference morally between direct purchases and indirect ones. I agree about the moral aspects but so little of what we use and need is not manufactured in China. One of my other hobbies is railway modelling and that now ALL is manufactured in China. What can one do. The UK opted out of Europe but we manufacture nothing in house and the to news yesterday is that our financial services are moving at a pace to European bases. Can we afford morals any longer?? If we cut ourselves off anymore our hobbies will fast become history. I really hope l'm wrong.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I had good relations with Chinese sellers for years. I reuse the same ones that offer SpeekPak service and good prices. Items make it in 2-3 weeks.

What must be avoided are sellers with prices too good to be true and with feedback made up of only $2 gizmos in past months.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jarndice wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:I still use Banggood for a number of items and their post, if not always free, is very reasonable. Some deliveries arrive within a week, some a month or so! I've not seen any recent changes in the charges. Are you suggesting that your experiences are Brexit related?
Exactly that.
The idiots in government have decided foreign companies and sellers need to be vat registered in the uk so tax can be collected at point of sale as opposed to point of import.

Many EU sellers aren't selling to the UK, couriers are charging extra surcharges etc etc happy brexit.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I purchase quite a bit on the quiet from around the world, and last year and the year before, I noticed a trend for about 18 months, maybe two years with postage from China.
At the start it was free or very minimal, then it started creeping up on a lot of items (not all sellers), from 99p to 1.99, then 2.99 to 3.99 and so on.
I think the Chinese realised they were losing out from the "rich" purchasers, purchasers that are used to paying high postal costs from relatively close countries.
That was at least the last 18 months, mostly eBay and a few other sources.
But like I said, not every seller was/is doing it. And as its been slowly happening for a while, it may seem coincidental when noticing the trend now.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all kind of related
As most of you know I now live in cyprus .. and with brexit done .. ebay.uk are now charging an import tax in to Europe from the uk and then a vastly inflated handelling cost .. thru global shipping program..
Also noticed shop /retail suppliers also charging twice as much for postage saying they now have to fill out customs declaration forms....
Example one tube .. squadron signal greenstuff filler £6.99 postage and handling £29.99 !!!!!
Two tubes .. £13.98 .. PnH .£44.50
Hello ebay.de

Return to “Off topic”