Had my roof refelted

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Had my roof refelted

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Had the roof refelted last week from 40 year old bitumen type to the new breathable type. The guys offered to clean the inside of the loft, the wife not too keen on that and some 5 hours and 8 rubble sacks later it was clean again.
The impact of this was finding a few MFO boxes from when we moved in containing various plastic model kits that I had forgotten about due to working stupid shifts and long distance lorry driving. Now retired from work, I will need to actually see what is in there from 26 years ago. Sorry to bore you but if you stuck to the end I hope you smiled..
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Had my roof refelted

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Well, do open Pandora's MFO boxes, and let's all have a peek inside. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Yep. Finding treasures from years gone by is an event to be shared.
regards and following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I laughed like a drain when I read this :haha: ,
With nothing to do because of the current foolishness I went rooting through a couple of Military Forwarding Organisation boxes in the back of the Garage (SNAP!!!) and lots of top quality rubbish was inside them but most pertinant to us on the Forum was a 1/12 scale R/C RED E-Type Jaguar of 1960s/1970s vintage,
A kit purchased in a Singapore store which originated in Japan,
Once upon a time I had built this from a kit and because the plastic was good quality I had not painted it,
It is big BUT the downside which is actually the upside is the plastic cement of the time has failed so with very little work I have a Plastic kit of a 1/12 scale RED E-Type Jaguar in what appears to be pristine condition,
So when I find the time :haha: :haha: I shall sort out a decent control board and more modern longer lasting glue and rebuild it.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Gotta love finding those hidden gems! I know I have a few NIB static kits somewhere in the basement. I think one is of a FW 190, and the other is of my old 1982 Suzuki Katana 1000. If I remember correctly, both are Tamiya's. Someday I'll move a mountain of plastic tubs and dig them out. :/

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

MFO box 1 contains Scaletrix and Hornby / Triang train sets, some never used trains but has the engine I had for Christmas when I was about 8 making it about 58 years old, I can remember running it in Germany on new track and the wheels sparking better than a Guy Fawkes sparkler.

MFO box 2 contains lots of unmade Airfix kits of WW1 aircraft from the days of when I played for a club in Germany doing WW1 air battles and attending modelling competitions. Also we played Star Fleet battles, I choose Kzenti race using a Klingon war bird, so it could cloak.
Also in the box is a load of unmade Tamiya kits, will check them out in the New Year
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Unfortunately I think I had a cowboy company in have a few issue but today is a holiday so am unable to contact them, had to stop the scaffolders taking their poles and boards down.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Whoa! ;D And I felt guilty about having so many goodies! (See viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30720.) However, I have yet to forget a kit, tank, train, etc. In fact, a few years ago two pals thought they could hide a kit and I'd never notice. :P Wanna bet? ;)
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Ah hiding stuff, I can remember 2 Irish Rangers hiding a FV432 on the local German trading area, the trouble was even the Germans couldn’t find it. An amnesty was given for the guys to return it.

Return to “Off topic”