Planetary conjunction.

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Planetary conjunction.

Post by jarndice »

If you are in the UK with access to a South Westerly CLEAR Sky then between 1630 and 1830 the sight that the three wise men are supposed to have seen 2.000 years ago will be available to you tonight although the 21st (Monday) will be the best nights view,
It is the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn,
It will be visible to the naked (Non Cataract) eye, although a pair of binoculars or a telescope will certainly help.
Christmas Carols are not obligatory whilst viewing :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Planetary conjunction.

Post by Jimster »

That would be an amazing sight and thank you for the heads up. I might just knock back a few and sing Silent Night out in my front yard. But probably not. :)
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

I'll be out there to take a peek at it. Of course I'll have to let the cigar smoke clear first though! :/

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hope it will be clear on Monday then, Shaun, as all I can see when I pop my head out of the front door is an overcast sky delivering very large rain drops :problem:
Thanks for the tip, though :thumbup: I have, of course, seen the Northern Lights up here several times. Not even Pink Floyd could produce a lightshow to match it. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Off topic”