Merry MacChristmas!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Merry MacChristmas!

Post by EAO »

God d*#n that's funny Mick! :D Thank you, I haven't laughed that hard in days! :clap: What's that on the wind, sounds like an echo?!

Way too good!

Cheers,
Eric. :wave:
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
You guys may laugh but Jimster is right. Look up Chief Niwot's Curse. Something along the lines of “People seeing the beauty of this valley will want to stay, and their staying will be the undoing of the beauty.” While applied originally to the Front Range around Boulder, Colorado, I can safely say it fits pretty much the entire state.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

You’re killing me, Mick! :haha:
EAO

Post by EAO »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good evening,
You guys may laugh but Jimster is right. Look up Chief Niwot's Curse. Something along the lines of “People seeing the beauty of this valley will want to stay, and their staying will be the undoing of the beauty.” While applied originally to the Front Range around Boulder, Colorado, I can safely say it fits pretty much the entire state.
regards,
Painless
Painless,

I totally hear you. I think Chief Seattle said something similar too.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Brrrrr!! By coincidence, Painless, I've just bought my very first 4-wd truck. In fact, its the first 4-WD vehicle I've ever owned, in any scale, although I've driven 4-WD (and 8_WD!) offroaders and tracked vehicles. This HL example's going to be the basis for a WW2 Recce armoured car- either a Daimler Mk 1, or an AEC Mk 111. I'm not sure yet. Christian does a kit for the AEC... :think:
Nice to see you have succumbed Roy! Your first mod should be some windows

The offspring asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so I now have this, Ikea-style.

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D :thumbup: Yes, well it won't be needing windows when it morphs into an armoured car; but it's way down the project pecking order right now. :D
Do post a pic here of the opening package!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

jarndice wrote:Thank you for your kind thoughts Roy, :wave:
My only worry is waking up face down in the ward with a tulip (or was it a Daffodill?) stuck between my tightly clenched buttocks as per the film :lolno: :lolno:
There will be Sunshine on the horizon when I am released into 2021 and that will be my brand new all singing all dancing (Minus Tyres) Kubel C/O WCP/Catherine and Will to whom I wish a very warm and safe Christmas and New Year. :thumbup: :clap:
Posted yesterday arrived today MY Kubel :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: ,
I am not alone I suspect in this Forum of avoiding the herd but I am jumping on the "I love Will/Catherine's top quality product" Bandwagon,
Calling it Impressive does not do it justice and once I fit the tyres and hook up a battery I feel certain I will be even more impressed,
Thank you "WCP"
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Shaun, you could always start a "WCP" thread in the Recommended Vendors section :thumbup:

Edit; no worries, I've just started a thread :thumbup:

WCP RC MODELS - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31025
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Mick, I thought about it but as there was already a thread within a thread here I decided against,
But a WCP thread is a good idea and long overdue :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Roy!
We had another snowstorm blow through yesterday and last night. I charged up the battery for that stock, Snow Tracked WPL truck. I waited til near sunset today and enlisted the Mate to run the video on the phone and tried a little video out on the snow. In hindsight, I should have done this at the height of the day since it was already so cold out at 4:00 pm that the truck running gear froze up. Well, a little bit got done. That truck definitely needs a more more powerful battery and motor in it. ;o)
Enjoy!
Painless

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFveuQCzEEo
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Off topic”