Merry MacChristmas!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Merry MacChristmas!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I see that my neighbour in the next village, with a penchant for non-RC 'modelmaking', has been at the topical 'modelling' again. 8O This time, it looks like Santa has acquired a new, and very leggy Mrs MacClaus!. Naughty boy. Anyway, I always appreciate people who go at least the extra mile (or even millimeter in these Covid times) to cheer folk up, as my neighbour does.
That's one naughty elf or gnome helper, as well, by the look of it.
Just to say, have a Merry Christmas, if at all possible- but don't throw caution to the wind (or 'three sheets', either). :D Cheers. Slainte!
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Merry MacChristmas!

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Good job it's not snowing up there yet Roy or mrs. Claus would be getting very cold around the nether regions :haha: Merry Christmas :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Bah Humbug :lolno: Not everyone will be home with kith and kin at this festive time, :thumbdown:
Perhaps we should be giving a thought to those away from their family, In the forces or on duty in
the Fire Service or the Constabulary or hospital staff TALKING of HOSPITAL I am going into HOSPITAL on the 23rd for a week,
but please don't worry about me I shall be fine, No honestly I shall be alright, :(
If I am really lucky I might even catch covid 19, I am pretty sure I won't be catching Santa Claus,
Did I say I will be fine?
Happy Christmas everybody I shall be thinking of you,
Goodness knows I shant have much else to think of But I am sure I shall be fine :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Bah Humbug :lolno: Not everyone will be home with kith and kin at this festive time, :thumbdown:
Perhaps we should be giving a thought to those away from their family, In the forces or on duty in
the Fire Service or the Constabulary or hospital staff TALKING of HOSPITAL I am going into HOSPITAL on the 23rd for a week,
but please don't worry about me I shall be fine, No honestly I shall be alright, :(
If I am really lucky I might even catch covid 19, I am pretty sure I won't be catching Santa Claus,
Did I say I will be fine?
Happy Christmas everybody I shall be thinking of you,
Goodness knows I shant have much else to think of But I am sure I shall be fine :lolno:

Hope it's not big rebuild, Shaun Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll come out fighting fit.
Doubtless, we all wish you a speedy recovery. Five years ago, at this time, I ended up in hospital with an ankle so badly broken that my foot was stuck pointing at 5 O'Clock (with my kneecap still at Midday. 8O ). In the event, I met some real characters in there (almost like a Carry on Film- the patient next to me on my surgical ward even brought his own Ltr bottle of whisky. ;) Maybe he didn't trust the anaesthetist) The staff were great too- that's NHS Scotland for you.
I can't see my nearest and dearest, either- so It's a Mr Bean-style Xmas for me. There will likely be lots of Mr Beans this Christmas... :problem:
:thumbdown: Still, the dogs are great company, and won't quaff all the amber- as guests here are inclined to do.
Will they allow an RC Pz IV on the surgical ward? It would be handy for transporting illicit treats from bed to bed. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you for your kind thoughts Roy, :wave:
My only worry is waking up face down in the ward with a tulip (or was it a Daffodill?) stuck between my tightly clenched buttocks as per the film :lolno: :lolno:
There will be Sunshine on the horizon when I am released into 2021 and that will be my brand new all singing all dancing (Minus Tyres) Kubel C/O WCP/Catherine and Will to whom I wish a very warm and safe Christmas and New Year. :thumbup: :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:My only worry is waking up face down in the ward with a tulip (or was it a Daffodill?) stuck between my tightly clenched buttocks as per the film :lolno: :lolno:
Then we can call you Loco Motive with your Tender behind. . . . Or just Loco :D

Happy Christmas to all :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I see that my neighbour in the next village, with a penchant for non-RC 'modelmaking', has been at the topical 'modelling' again. 8O This time, it looks like Santa has acquired a new, and very leggy Mrs MacClaus!. Naughty boy. Anyway, I always appreciate people who go at least the extra mile (or even millimeter in these Covdi times) to cheer folk up, as my neighbour does.
That's one naughty elf or gnome helper, as well, by the look of it.
Just to say, have a Merry Christmas, if at all possible- but don't throw caution to the wind (or 'three sheets', either). :D Cheers. Slainte!

Why do those legs look so much better in fishnet stockings?! :wtf: :shifty: :think:

Sir Jarndice,
That's a crappy ending to a turd of a year! Godspeed in finding your health again. Like you say, at least you'll have something to look forward to upon your return home. :thumbup: As for the movie, I simply must see that! :D

In all seriousness though,
Merry Christmas to everyone, be safe and stay healthy. Here's hoping for better days ahead!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Merry Christmas Roy what a revealing Xmas find! And a very Merry Christmas to all :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

c.rainford73 wrote:Merry Christmas Roy what a revealing Xmas find! And a very Merry Christmas to all :wave:
Thanks, Carl, and I hope you can salvage something good from this disastrous year over the Christmas festival :thumbup: :wave:

Eric, the films Jarndice and I alluded to were 'Carry on Nurse' (1959), and 'Carry on Doctor' (where a patient- unwittingly-sports a flora stopper in a specific orifice followng an enema 1967. )
These are all part of a long-running series on British films (with a regular ensemble cast), relying heavily on innuendo, double entendre, and Benny Hill style antics.
They're also reminiscent, stylistically, of the 'saucy', bawdy seaside postcards, that were once found in most British seaside resorts. PC culture hasn't quite eradicated them yet, nor- surprisingly, the 'Carry on' films. It would be a cultural crime if they were deemed unsuitable for modern sensibilities, for, as with Monty Python, they embody the unique quirkiness of the folk from these Islands. (Whether Scots, Welsh, English, or Irish).
For 'Carry on' flicks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(franchise)
for our tradition of bawdy seaside postcards google: 'bawdy seaside postcards', or the 'Bamford Collection of seaside postcards'
I have several books of them, and still get a good chuckle at them- even a full guffaw on occasion. :lolno:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 2&bih=1106

This would be a typical card (and pertinent to moi= although I still have a decent thatch under the Tam O'Shanter). Some cards are actually quite subtle; but it's rare. Honest.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRecceReg,

Thanks for the fun info! :D My Wife and I have always enjoyed that unique brand of humor associated with the Isles. Some Yanks get it and some don't. :/ To us it appears to be just clean fun and would be a travesty if it disappeared due to the hyper sensitive nature of the World today!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Off topic”