Merry MacChristmas!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:41 pm

I see that my neighbour in the next village, with a penchant for non-RC 'modelmaking', has been at the topical 'modelling' again. 8O This time, it looks like Santa has acquired a new, and very leggy Mrs MacClaus!. Naughty boy. Anyway, I always appreciate people who go at least the extra mile (or even millimeter in these Covid times) to cheer folk up, as my neighbour does.
That's one naughty elf or gnome helper, as well, by the look of it.
Just to say, have a Merry Christmas, if at all possible- but don't throw caution to the wind (or 'three sheets', either). :D Cheers. Slainte!
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby Model Builder 4 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Good job it's not snowing up there yet Roy or mrs. Claus would be getting very cold around the nether regions :haha: Merry Christmas :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby jarndice » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Bah Humbug :lolno: Not everyone will be home with kith and kin at this festive time, :thumbdown:
Perhaps we should be giving a thought to those away from their family, In the forces or on duty in
the Fire Service or the Constabulary or hospital staff TALKING of HOSPITAL I am going into HOSPITAL on the 23rd for a week,
but please don't worry about me I shall be fine, No honestly I shall be alright, :(
If I am really lucky I might even catch covid 19, I am pretty sure I won't be catching Santa Claus,
Did I say I will be fine?
Happy Christmas everybody I shall be thinking of you,
Goodness knows I shant have much else to think of But I am sure I shall be fine :lolno:
jarndice
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 am

jarndice wrote:Bah Humbug :lolno: Not everyone will be home with kith and kin at this festive time, :thumbdown:
Perhaps we should be giving a thought to those away from their family, In the forces or on duty in
the Fire Service or the Constabulary or hospital staff TALKING of HOSPITAL I am going into HOSPITAL on the 23rd for a week,
but please don't worry about me I shall be fine, No honestly I shall be alright, :(
If I am really lucky I might even catch covid 19, I am pretty sure I won't be catching Santa Claus,
Did I say I will be fine?
Happy Christmas everybody I shall be thinking of you,
Goodness knows I shant have much else to think of But I am sure I shall be fine :lolno:

Hope it's not big rebuild, Shaun Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll come out fighting fit.
Doubtless, we all wish you a speedy recovery. Five years ago, at this time, I ended up in hospital with an ankle so badly broken that my foot was stuck pointing at 5 O'Clock (with my kneecap still at Midday. 8O ). In the event, I met some real characters in there (almost like a Carry on Film- the patient next to me on my surgical ward even brought his own Ltr bottle of whisky. ;) Maybe he didn't trust the anaesthetist) The staff were great too- that's NHS Scotland for you.
I can't see my nearest and dearest, either- so It's a Mr Bean-style Xmas for me. There will likely be lots of Mr Beans this Christmas... :problem:
:thumbdown: Still, the dogs are great company, and won't quaff all the amber- as guests here are inclined to do.
Will they allow an RC Pz IV on the surgical ward? It would be handy for transporting illicit treats from bed to bed. :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby jarndice » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:41 am

Thank you for your kind thoughts Roy, :wave:
My only worry is waking up face down in the ward with a tulip (or was it a Daffodill?) stuck between my tightly clenched buttocks as per the film :lolno: :lolno:
There will be Sunshine on the horizon when I am released into 2021 and that will be my brand new all singing all dancing (Minus Tyres) Kubel C/O WCP/Catherine and Will to whom I wish a very warm and safe Christmas and New Year. :thumbup: :clap:
jarndice
Major

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:56 am

jarndice wrote:My only worry is waking up face down in the ward with a tulip (or was it a Daffodill?) stuck between my tightly clenched buttocks as per the film :lolno: :lolno:

Then we can call you Loco Motive with your Tender behind. . . . Or just Loco :D

Happy Christmas to all :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:29 pm

43rdRecceReg wrote:I see that my neighbour in the next village, with a penchant for non-RC 'modelmaking', has been at the topical 'modelling' again. 8O This time, it looks like Santa has acquired a new, and very leggy Mrs MacClaus!. Naughty boy. Anyway, I always appreciate people who go at least the extra mile (or even millimeter in these Covdi times) to cheer folk up, as my neighbour does.
That's one naughty elf or gnome helper, as well, by the look of it.
Just to say, have a Merry Christmas, if at all possible- but don't throw caution to the wind (or 'three sheets', either). :D Cheers. Slainte!

Why do those legs look so much better in fishnet stockings?! :wtf: :shifty: :think:

Sir Jarndice,
That's a crappy ending to a turd of a year! Godspeed in finding your health again. Like you say, at least you'll have something to look forward to upon your return home. :thumbup: As for the movie, I simply must see that! :D

In all seriousness though,
Merry Christmas to everyone, be safe and stay healthy. Here's hoping for better days ahead!

Regards,
Eric.
EAO
Corporal

Postby c.rainford73 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Merry Christmas Roy what a revealing Xmas find! And a very Merry Christmas to all :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:04 am

c.rainford73 wrote:Merry Christmas Roy what a revealing Xmas find! And a very Merry Christmas to all :wave:

Thanks, Carl, and I hope you can salvage something good from this disastrous year over the Christmas festival :thumbup: :wave:

Eric, the films Jarndice and I alluded to were 'Carry on Nurse' (1959), and 'Carry on Doctor' (where a patient- unwittingly-sports a flora stopper in a specific orifice followng an enema 1967. )
These are all part of a long-running series on British films (with a regular ensemble cast), relying heavily on innuendo, double entendre, and Benny Hill style antics.
They're also reminiscent, stylistically, of the 'saucy', bawdy seaside postcards, that were once found in most British seaside resorts. PC culture hasn't quite eradicated them yet, nor- surprisingly, the 'Carry on' films. It would be a cultural crime if they were deemed unsuitable for modern sensibilities, for, as with Monty Python, they embody the unique quirkiness of the folk from these Islands. (Whether Scots, Welsh, English, or Irish).
For 'Carry on' flicks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_(franchise)
for our tradition of bawdy seaside postcards google: 'bawdy seaside postcards', or the 'Bamford Collection of seaside postcards'
I have several books of them, and still get a good chuckle at them- even a full guffaw on occasion. :lolno:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 2&bih=1106

This would be a typical card (and pertinent to moi= although I still have a decent thatch under the Tam O'Shanter). Some cards are actually quite subtle; but it's rare. Honest.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby EAO » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:35 pm

43rdRecceReg,

Thanks for the fun info! :D My Wife and I have always enjoyed that unique brand of humor associated with the Isles. Some Yanks get it and some don't. :/ To us it appears to be just clean fun and would be a travesty if it disappeared due to the hyper sensitive nature of the World today!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Corporal

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:12 pm

EAO wrote:43rdRecceReg,

Thanks for the fun info! :D My Wife and I have always enjoyed that unique brand of humor associated with the Isles. Some Yanks get it and some don't. :/ To us it appears to be just clean fun and would be a travesty if it disappeared due to the hyper sensitive nature of the World today!

Cheers,
Eric.

Thought you'd like that, Eric. :D
Sounds like you have a highly compatible wife. Humour is key to a good relationship, especially when we get old and creaky, and the Grim Reaper is looking through his address book...
:D Merry Christmas- or,. perhaps, is it Bah Humbug! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby Jimster » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:08 am

:haha: :clap:
Jimster

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:52 pm

I loved the Carry On films, I believe they hold the record for most films in a series/subject/set/genre/whatever.

As for seaside bawdy post cards. When I was too young to understand, I once read a card, and no-one would tell me the joke. Obviously I understand now.

The card; A man in a Taylor's, looking at his watch while being measured up by an effeminate looking Taylor, who asks, "would sir like a belt around the back?" To which the customer replies, "sorry, afraid I haven't the time!"

Happy Christmas time to one and all :wave:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Exhibitedbrute » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 pm

That location looks familiar, is it somewhere in the Aberdeenshire area, I’m sure I drove through that area shortly after remembrance day and there was a cut out of a Scottish rifles figure

Exhibitedbrute
Staff Sergeant

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Exhibitedbrute wrote:That location looks familiar, is it somewhere in the Aberdeenshire area, I’m sure I drove through that area shortly after remembrance day and there was a cut out of a Scottish rifles figure

:D No, Aberdeenshire is on the Eastern, chillier, Lowland coast (North Sea chill) This location is Mellon Charles in Wester Ross (West Highlands) on Loch Ewe. I live in a nearby village, also on Loch Ewe. Here we get the Gulf stream' and though we're on par with Alaska, Norway, and Moscow- in terms of Latitude, the Winters are not as severe here. :D
The film 'Local Hero' was made mostly here, on the West (Highland) coast, in Mallaig and Arisaig- although the village with the celebrated telephone box in, was actually set in Pennan, Aberdeenshire.
Here's Mark Knopfler's lovely theme from 'Local hero'- "Going home". For a Geordie who spent his childhood in Glasgow, Knopfler really captures the feel of Highland life.
Do listen- he's one of the best melodic guitar stylists out there. :thumbup: :thumbup: As a guitarist, I really appreciate what I've learned from his unique style and riffs, though Bert Jansch was my idol back in the 1960s. :D
Merry Christmas, from a ....Local Zero :wave: :wave:
phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby EAO » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 pm

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the smiles! 43rdRecceReg I have to agree with you about Mark Knopfler's playing. When I was in High School in the early 1980's, Dire Straits was constantly played in my car and room. Great, great stuff!

Mick, that's quite the postcard. It'll stick in my memories now too! :D

I'm a little more Humbug this year than most. But Merry Christmas guys! Stay healthy! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Corporal

Postby General Jumbo01 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:26 pm

We all obviously have great memories of silly style humour :). Just what is needed right now as we get good news of vaccines rolling out followed by more prolific mutations rolling out even faster. My son in the NHS tested positive last week. His best advice is avoid 'pods', they are just a mechanism for promoting mixing!

Now...Merry Christmas everyone. It might not be the best but we're all here to cheer each other up and you certainly make me smile :). Thanks for your help and advice over the year. Here's to a better 2021 and some fun battle meets.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:12 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:We all obviously have great memories of silly style humour :). Just what is needed right now as we get good news of vaccines rolling out followed by more prolific mutations rolling out even faster. My son in the NHS tested positive last week. His best advice is avoid 'pods', they are just a mechanism for promoting mixing!

Now...Merry Christmas everyone. It might not be the best but we're all here to cheer each other up and you certainly make me smile :). Thanks for your help and advice over the year. Here's to a better 2021 and some fun battle meets.

:wave: Good to hear from you, GJ. I hope your son recovers soon. My daughter had the dread lurgy in March, and still has headaches- a la Long Covid- as a result.
Keep well, keep safe, and keep sticking tanks together!!
All the best,
Roy.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby Jimster » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Your Shire is beautiful! Merry Christmas!!
Jimster

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:34 pm

:thumbup: :wave:
Jimster wrote:Your Shire is beautiful! Merry Christmas!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Next

Return to Off topic