Thank goodness F1 is back

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Thank goodness F1 is back

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Sanity for me returns today as practice for the 1st 2020 round is, as l type, in full flow. I've been existing with the simulations that were televised over the past months but, as good as they were, it's nothing like the real thing.

Lots of new / revised liveries to get your head around. Not sure yet about the silver Mercedes going all black (is this just a dig at Bernie :eh: ) but like all changes, they grow on you.

Great venue too for round 1. Can't wait for the race! Anyone else here been doing cold turkey??
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Thank goodness F1 is back

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Won't their car colours hark back to Lotus' old livery? :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

That picture brought back memories of watching the Lotus Turbine Engined F1 race car at Zaandvoort.
I drove across from Germany in a Fiat 124 Sport in the drizzle of a Dutch Saturday (No Racing allowed on Sunday's in North Holland) Stood in the drizzle for two hours getting sandblasted by the wind blowing in from the North Sea by way of the sand dunes,
This year was supposed to see the return of F1 at Zaandvoort but like so much else the lurgie has ruled it out.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01

The Red Bull Ring is still a great circuit though, if a little short. Unfortunately no, the black Mercedes has nothing like the impact of the glossy JPS livery but l'm sure it'll develop into a scheme we'll all accept in time.

One thing for sure, whatever the colour, it's still the quickest!
General Jumbo01

So this year looks like it'll be all about Italian made tyres! And certainly not Italian made cars!! Kinda takes the edge of things when tyre management replaces / dominates racing skills. Then there's the design infringements, or not, depending on you views. And the racist issue that's suddenly taking over F1. Good cause but wrong place?

The only really positive aspect is that its on virtually every weekend :clap:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And so is Moto GP and British and World Superbike racing, (BT for GP if you like being ripped off) (Quest and Eurosport otherwise)
With Marquez out with a broken arm it makes the racing much closer :thumbup:
Still want him back on his Honda as soon as possible. :clap:
General Jumbo01

Yes, he is really down on luck at the moment. Still not sure about those winglets on the fairings. I guess they must work or they wouldn't bother with them but l'm buggered if l can see how they help. If they just push down then when the bike is over on its pegs they would push the bike outwards in the corners, not at all what's needed. Any ideas??
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Like any wing they are designed to produce lift or in this case downforce at certain air flow/speed.
On straights the airflow rate increases and the winglets create downforce. In corners they produce very little downforce as the airflow is too low.
Clever design and placement.
Marquez needs to get back urgently, the others think they as good now !!!
NAH!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I know the end of the Rossi era has been predicted for some years but his name did fill grandstands across the world so he was encouraged/bribed to stay BUT this year the sale of tickets has shuddered to a halt which suggests to me that he may well bow out at the end of the season followed a little later by Britain's nearly man Crutchlow and with the likes of Brad Binder getting an opportunity to show his ability's with Marquez drinking Spanish Brandy while lying on a beach the circuit is being filled by a lot of young trier's who might not otherwise have got a chance in the premier class this year.
I think next year will see more Moto 2 riders on the big bikes in a single season than has happened since the end of the two strokes.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Good morning Gentlemen,,
in my eyes is the Cosworth DFV the best sounding F1 engine:
phpBB [video]

you get goose bumps ...

Return to “Off topic”