Thank goodness F1 is back

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Thank goodness F1 is back

Post by jarndice »

You are probably too young :haha: to remember the BRM V16, It was terribly unreliable but when it was running properly grown men would go looking for somewhere to Express themselves :shh:
If you go to U-Tube and type in "brm V16 engine sounds" you will get to experience something almost elemental,
Make sure you are somewhere private and have a few tissues to hand. :crazy:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

https://youtu.be/fZMPDCNyQxE. This is what a Formula 1 engine should really sound like. If you want really oddball engines though, have a look at the BRM H16 from 1966.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes Richard that is the engine sound to which I was referring,
I think the phrase "Keep it simple stupid" missed BRMs engine department although I do wonder if Honda's engine designer's of the 50s and 60s got their inspiration for the lunatic 30,000 rev racing engines that went into the Motor Bikes that changed the accepted put put chug chug noises to the maniacal screams that came out of the multi branched exhaust system from first having seen the BRMs F1 racing engine.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Essentially two flat eights joined by a third, central crank shaft. It was considered that the smaller cylinders would provide better controlled gas flow but although the power was there, reliability wasn't. My favourite sounding DFV powered car was Colin Hawking's VW Variant super saloon. The lump came from the Tyrrell camp and the mid engined one off had to maintain a centre line silloette of the real Variant to qualify in the class, something Colin did by fitting a bonnet centre line chrome strip over the front radiator scoop!!

Ahh, those were the days. Sunny Sunday afternoons at Brands keeping Kent from sleeping ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Off topic”