In memory of a great musician

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
C.Ellis
Private

In memory of a great musician

Post by C.Ellis »

Today (3rd July) marks the 21st anniversary of the passing of Mark Sandman, the lead singer and bassist of the rock band Morphine. He suffered a heart attack on stage during a concert in Palestrina Italy, tragically cutting short the life and career of a great musician.

This is probably a bit of a somber topic compared to others in the 'off topic' section, but Morphine is a contender for my favourite band and I felt that today would be a fitting time to share my appreciation for their music. If you haven't heard any of Mark Sandman or Morphine's music, I suggest that you give it a listen. R.I.P Mark Sandman, 24th September 1952 - 3rd July 1999.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: In memory of a great musician

Post by jarndice »

For those who favour the Classical Guitar/Lute this weekend saw the passing of Julian Bream,RIP,
I always rated him above the legendary Segovia because he would try his hand at the very latest of modern rock riffs Minus electricity producing quite stunning effects but Bach and the Spanish composers were his forte on guitar with a more eclectic choice with the lute :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Off topic”